War of the Roses

WhenKittensATK

Release: Q2 2012 (@ time of post)

Platform: PC

Genre: Historical Action

Engine: Bitsquid tech-engine

Developer: Fatshark

Publisher: Paradox Interactive

A team-based multiplayer melee combat experience, War of The Roses sees players and their band of knights going toe-to-toe with their opponents using authentic and visceral weapons of the time period including broad swords, long bows and battle-axes.

Built on a stunning graphics engine which vividly portrays the fighting from an up-close-and-personal third-person perspective, War of the Roses features both online multiplayer and a single-player campaign. Players will get the chance to lead their warrior through a rich progression system, gaining upgrades and unlocking new content on their path from filthy peasant to unstoppable armored killing machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mnsdc0ZjyFs

If you like Mount & Blade, but wish it was more accessible then this game might be the answer. It could just as well be the Battlefield of Medieval Melee.

War of the Roses Preview

GameTrailers' videos (Pre-Alpha peek at basic combat about 1 minute into the video)

Live gameplay to be shown at GDC SF (March 5-9)

Edited by AZNguyen

• 1 month later...

Looks like it could be ok. I hope the game adds a bunch of NPC's to the big battles, because otherwise 10vs10 on a huge castle map will be very boring. That'd be sweet to have thousands of NPC's in a castle siege.

Its a 64 player multiplayer game.

No NPC's, though? Because medieval war is all about the melee and close up battles. If you wanted tons of space to shoot people then go play BC3... I want something that is Mount and Blade similar, but better graphics and much larger battles. And of course multi-player. Wouldn't that be sick?? Hack through tons of NPC's when an enemy player comes up and you actually have to duke it out while the battle rages around you.

I want something that is Mount and Blade similar, but better graphics and much larger battles.

They are making a Mount & Blade 2 game. This isn't Mount & Blade 2 :D

They will probably have bots, but as for bots + real players beyond 64 players is unknown.

Edited by AZNguyen

They are making a Mount & Blade 2 game. This isn't Mount & Blade 2 :D

They will probably have bots, but as for bots + real players beyond 64 players is unknown.

Haha well now that I know this I will stop trolling! Lol it still looks like a good game.

Krazyxazn

@GordonVanDyke Someone asked if War of the Roses will have 64 players + bots (as arrow fodder)? So 64 real players + X # of bots on a map.

GordonVanDyke

@Krazyxazn no bots and no confirmed player count. We have locked 32 players and aiming for 64.

• 4 weeks later...