What type of power supply do you have?

neddamttocs

59 members have voted

1. 1. What type of power supply do you have?

• Fully Captive
    • Semi-Modular
    • Fully Modular
    • I dont know

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am the only noob who voted I dont know. I have a CoolerMaster 700w.. I haven't opened so I dont know how much pin it has...

I remember when I went to buy PC they explained what is modular and those thing but I fully forgot. I really don't know what is that.

Modular just means you can unhook unused cables from the PSU to cut down on clutter.

My PCP&C is crammed full of cables but it's completely non-modular...so hiding the cables is a bit tedious.

My current PSU is none modular at all but I have used partial and fully modular in the past. I think the decision of choosing which to get is really more about the case than the PSU. In my Level 10 GT I none modular cable is no big deal since I have plenty of space to hide the cabling. However in a smaller case I would for sure look for some level of modular design.

Fully modular.

Who needs to have a fully modular PSU? Every computer uses a 24 pin these days, same with the PCI-E.

I agree but when it's a Seasonic X-Series 760W I don't care, it's just a great power supply!