The AMD 3GHz Club

I know. You should lock this thread and create a 4Ghz club.:thumbsup:

I actually overclocked my CPU to get to 3ghz but its on stock cooling and it was fairly easy to do. 4Ghz is a more worthy goal.

This thread is a carry over from DFI street. It was moderated by the TheFlowerKing. It was started for AMD 754-939 and am2's were also later welcome.. We also had a socket "A" toaster thread for 2500mhz or 250 fsb(or both). The socket "A" toasters were awarded with a custom sig. Made by "TheKingofNothing". There was a lot of camaraderie in helping each other overclock to get our toaster sigs. Tons of fun!! I miss it.. I like to come back and look over the old thread. It brings back some happy memories.

For instance: For the original "Toaster" the requirement was just a screenshot showing cpuz cpu and mermory tabs and an error free 8+ hours run of prime95t mixed blend ..Plus the score of a successful 3dmark01 run. All in the same screenshot. posted in the toaster thread.

Later OCDB entries were required for the toasters, and the ggg club. screen shots added requiring 3dmark03, 3dmark05, and aquamark3.. Plus cpuz,cpu and memory tabs in each additional screenshot.. I think later they added 3dmark06 but I wasn't playing anymore. Everest screenshots were optional. (Edit5:) All to be posted in the overclockers database thread with a list of all hardware and bios settings.CPU stepping ect Using the overclocker database form. (OCBD) WHEEW!! LOL....

I think that covers the history of this thread.

A screenie of cpuz,just wasn't good enough..

Edit Revision4 BIGTIME!!: There is already a very nice AMD overclocking thread here. Sorry about all the of the redundant typing and edits.... I really do need some new glasses...(I'm blind as a bat even with a 27' monitor.)

Here: For those as blind as me. http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=166630

Edit6: Wow that was alot of editing. And after rereading it I really should start over... Oh well... Thanks for putting up with me people.

Edited by Clay

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know. You should lock this thread and create a 4Ghz club.:thumbsup:

I actually overclocked my CPU to get to 3ghz but its on stock cooling and it was fairly easy to do. 4Ghz is a more worthy goal.

I would also have to agree...I used to love reading this thread when I had my Barton XP2500+ way back in 04, but honestly 3GHz is cake now. My Phenom II 1055T is at 3.5GHz and I haven't even raised voltages yet lol

• 1 month later...

I did and that's what's limiting me at the moment. My fsb won't go above 255 but I'm thinking of getting an AM3+ motherboard in preparation for bulldozer and in the hope that I might get more out of my CPU.

I did and that's what's limiting me at the moment. My fsb won't go above 255 but I'm thinking of getting an AM3+ motherboard in preparation for bulldozer and in the hope that I might get more out of my CPU.

i also want an AM3+ mobo :biggrin: