Anyone with a Gigabyte Z68 board -

I didn't want to use the MSI board here because it's BluePanda's. :cheers:

Gotcha. Asking for personal reasons because I've got an Asus P8Z68 Deluxe board and MSI Z68A-GD65 board waiting at home to put that 2700K into and I'm trying to decide which board I want to keep. The other one will be returned or sold. The MSI board is so stripped down, but has all the things I absolutely must have. Plus I've heard that they clock extremely well. The Asus board is loaded to the hilt with a lot of things I don't need, and it carries a price premium over what I paid for the MSI. Hence, for a recoup of my original investment I'd get a better return if I sold or returned the Asus board. Thought maybe the MSI board you had was a dog.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason I thought she was running a Gigabyte 1155 board too.

She is as her review board (and it is blue). The MSI board is her backup. :cheers:

Actually it's extremely nice (it's the Z68A-GD80 B3)...I just don't like blue-themed boards. :lol: Yes, I'm shallow.

And its s very good board. Technically better than your Z68XP-UD4.

And if you don't like blue themed board, replace transparent side panel of the cabinet with a non-transparent one. Problem solved. :evilgrin:

Edited by d6bmg

• 2 weeks later...

For future incidents: Google the motherboard's beep code, and get a motherboard speaker.

If there's an issue, it'll beep a pattern (from 1-6 beeps usually) and just keep repeating it. The number of beeps would indicate the issue at hand, if you had the "code" to tell you what each means. I believe most motherboards have a code for "more than one issue" which would probably sound if you had no CPU installed AND problems in the VRM.

Not a guarantee, but I would say at least worth looking into. It's only like $4 for a speaker.

Actually...it's been so long since I had a board with a speaker onboard that it didn't even occur to me to hook up a speaker. I have at least 5 sitting in the closet less than 10 feet from my computer. :lol: