the Fitness Thread

I might try some good running shoes then. Running is still boring though.

Swimming would be fun but I don't really want to pay for the membership. same for some of the others.

Running a track or on a treadmill is boring. Running on a good trail or out in the country? Beautiful. Unless of course you run in the paranoid people in the backwoods. But having a shotgun or two waved at you will really help you with sprinting and stamina :D.

EDIT: Been using a nearly two year old pair of Asics Gel 1150s that became my regular shoes shortly after buying, thus very worn out now. Bought a pair of Kayano 16s today and went for a short run of pure bliss. Running's gone from being repetitive blunt trauma to my feet to feeling almost like a Swedish massage.

Edited by Kamikaze_Badger

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday was deadlift day again, and it didn't go so well. I had low expectations going in because my hamstrings were sore. Only managed to get 420x1, was going for 3. I did set a PR for obscenities mumbled afterward though. Did abs and then went home.

Played softball for about an hour today.

Workout (Day 1)

Bike 8.2 miles

Lateral raise 60lb - 24

Paramount machine 90lb - 22 <- looks similar to rowing

Lat pull 80lb - 15 <- my left arm started to hurt on this one

Shoulder press 60lb - 24

Roc abs 35lb - 30

Run 2 miles

Notes:

Left the gym earlier than normal today due to a pain in my left arm.

No exercise for me till I get my back fixed up. The wreck I was in didn't seem so bad at first...but now that the muscle relaxers I was prescribed have run out...OUCH. It's hard to even get up out of bed my back hurts so frickin' bad. :whoa:

So is this meant for sharing tips and tricks about training, as a training log or what is its true purpose? :)

I try to run at least 5 days a week. Have been inactive since November due to a sprained ankle, so the shape ain't what it used to be. But I'll get back in shape and hopefully beat the 20min 5k this summer. Root for me! :biggrin:

Man, when I was in the military in the 70's I used to run the 5k in 13.30. Don't think I could do it now & I'm not about to find out. Good luck mate. :sleep:

Guest Black gold saw.

I'm contemplating on joining the U.S Army active duty.. And, physically am able to pass?

Height: 172cm

Weight: 57Kg

Bodytype: Small-build muscular

I'm 19 yet i fear i'm to short to be running around as a soldier.. :/

shed anylight?

I'm contemplating on joining the U.S Army active duty.. And, physically am able to pass?

Height: 172cm

Weight: 57Kg

Bodytype: Small-build muscular

I'm 19 yet i fear i'm to short to be running around as a soldier.. :/

shed anylight?

I had a friend who was in the army...he was about 5'3...and 60kg...so I don't think your height will stop you :thumbsup: