Guide To Smp Folding With Linux In Vmware

CheeseMan42

That's great news! Can I also add on space to an existing partition? I've come to realize that 50GB isn't enough for my C drive since so many programs have junky installers that don't allow you to chose the installation directory. I have 2 320s in RAID 1 and have 50 GB for C and 250 GB for D? can I take some D and give it to C and take more D and make a Linux partition?

Yes you can do all those in Vista partition manager.

Edit: Are you sure Smith? I thought you could move them around as much as you want. :unsure:

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheese, couple things I've found out from poking around the Folding Forums...

First, it seems that Ubuntu 8.04 folds faster than Ubuntu 8.10... Looks like I need to redo my whole VM setup :angry:

Also, there's some stuff here about SMP boosts with i7s.

EDIT: Link corrected... r-r, you may want to take a peak at that, not sure if it is useful to you.

Cheese, couple things I've found out from poking around the Folding Forums...

First, it seems that Ubuntu 8.04 folds faster than Ubuntu 8.10... Looks like I need to redo my whole VM setup :angry:

Also, there's some stuff here about SMP boosts with i7s.

I remember reading about the 8.04 being faster than 8.10 awhile back now that you mention it, I am using 8.04 on most rigs but some still have 7.10 on them. Also the link points to something different than i7s...

Okay I just finished my first WU with the smp client last night...or at least I thought I did. Maybe I just didn't get many points for it? Nope, the folding stats still only show 1 processor active for me in the past 7 days, which would be my 4850. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Okay I just finished my first WU with the smp client last night...or at least I thought I did. Maybe I just didn't get many points for it? Nope, the folding stats still only show 1 processor active for me in the past 7 days, which would be my 4850. Has this ever happened to anyone else?

Yes it has happened to me when I either forgot to put in the team number or put in the wrong team number, you may want to double check it, use the -configonly flag...

Yes it has happened to me when I either forgot to put in the team number or put in the wrong team number, you may want to double check it, use the -configonly flag...

I made sure to check it. My name and team number are both definitely correct. It says it at the start of my WU as well and the info is correct.

I made sure to check it. My name and team number are both definitely correct. It says it at the start of my WU as well and the info is correct.

Did your daily points increase, did you get points for the WU? It could be there servers have not updated the part that shows active cpus yet.

No to both. I didn't get points and didn't get the extra WU added to my stats. I finished it around 10-11 hours ago so I'd say if it's not up now then something must have went wrong with my client.

Go to the source, post your log text over at the folding forums and they will check it out...