Room Temps get hot the computer shuts off

I explained the situation the best I can.  I did clean the computer before installing the new SSD as I mentioned.  Inside of my computer is, I'd say is pretty darn clean. I did clean the GPU fan, you can only clean it so much, there is only one fan.  I'll try after burner. 

Maybe I'll also try pouring cold water on it:withstupid::smack:

It didn't seem like non-sense to me. not everyone has amazing writing ability, or the ability to properly put thoughts into text.

No reason to be rude to him.

- With the GPU, have you tried taking off its shell? (the plastic housing) You can also remove the GPU heatsink and re-do the thermal paste.

I have always had hot running Nvidia cards and have had to clean them on the regular to keeps temperatures adequate.

- You might want to consider moving the setup to a cooler location. By an air conditioner and such. Area's with low air movement wont disperse heat as easily.

- Go into your bios and Disable SMART fan tech. Run your fans all @ 100% (I do this even if its unnecessary for some reason)

- You can also try to underclock a videocard that is overheating. depending on the card it may be easy to adjust the voltage (I have had to do that when I had no A/C a couple times)

- If ambient air temps are constantly a problem, a water cooling solution may provide better results IF you can manage the proper size of radiator & air flow.

- Make sure on cleaning you have not accidently un-seated any mounted cooling items.

hope something can be of some help

It didn't seem like non-sense to me. not everyone has amazing writing ability, or the ability to properly put thoughts into text.

No reason to be rude to him

That was helpful, except the part about the writing ability.  How else would I best to describe it, it is happening the way it is happening. 

Edited by WhiteBear

To be honest with you WB,  it would really help if you list your system specs when you have a problem, it makes it a lot easier to get help here if we know what components you are using. Hope one of our comments solves your problem.

Hey guys, new member lookin for some help, let's at least try and help him. :nono:

joined on 18 December 2007..."new member"  :rolleyes:

To be fair, there were asked some questions so people could help him, so it is not all nonsense.

What I meant by new member is he had under 50 posts, I still see people here with over 1000 posts and from the way they describe their problems I consider them new members. :lol: But really the point I was trying to make is there is no reason to be rude to anybody who posts here, if you can't offer help, just don't post at all.

- You might want to consider moving the setup to a cooler location. By an air conditioner and such. Area's with low air movement wont disperse heat as easily.

The AC is not in my personal control. 

- Go into your bios and Disable SMART fan tech. Run your fans all @ 100% (I do this even if its unnecessary for some reason)

That option doesn't exist in my BIOS

- If ambient air temps are constantly a problem, a water cooling solution may provide better results IF you can manage the proper size of radiator & air flow.

For a older video card, I don't think it's worth it.

- Make sure on cleaning you have not accidentally UN-seated any mounted cooling items.

I can honestly say, that is not the case :)

What I meant by new member is he had under 50 posts, I still see people here with over 1000 posts and from the way they describe their problems I consider them new members. :lol: But really the point I was trying to make is there is no reason to be rude to anybody who posts here, if you can't offer help, just don't post at all.

True, that doesn't just go for this forum, that goes for the many forums on the web and the people who are members. Kudos !

Do you have any way of monitoring the GPU temps while in Windows or whatever you use? Sounds like the GPU is overheating but I don't know how that would affect BIOS. Maybe one of the chips on the motherboard? Can you post specs please?