can't overclock since installing new graphics card ?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont get a bsod with the code 43 , i get a bluescreen when i turn cool and quiet off , i get windows has shut down to prevent damage to your computer .

Do you happen to have the mini-dump files? They're usually located here: C:\Windows\Minidump

right i get bsod when - cool and quiet disabled and cpu ratio is 17.5 , i get code 43 and open hcd when - cool and quiet enabled and cpu ratio is 17.5 and i have no minidumps 

It's definitely a driver issue if you're seeing that for your device status. Once you get rid of the BSOD, which may be due to drivers, you can probably switch back to your overclock.

if i have no drivers for my gpu installed , i get no problems but as soon as install 314.07 drivers i get the problems mentioned upon reboot , so do you think rolling back to an earlier driver is something to try next? 

Edited by davemonkey

Go to control panel, and express uninstall anything with Nvidia or AMD for graphics drivers. Reboot for each uninstall.

Use Driver Fusion and the do the same thing. Reboot.

Use CCleaner and clean your registry.

Show hidden files and folders. Check Program Data, Program Files, Program Files (x86) and delete anything AMD, ATI, and NVIDIA.

Check C:\Users\[name]\AppData with the Local, LocalLow, and Roaming folders and the same thing.

Regedit

Delete anything AMD, ATI, and NVIDIA in HKEY_CURRENT_USER -> Software and in Software -> Wow6432Node.

Same thing with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

Same thing with HKEY_USERS -> S-1-5-18 software and HKEY_USERS -> S-1-5-21-3701762574-1144279690-470671874-1000 and software.

Run CCleaner to clean the registry again, then reboot one more time.

Now that should have cleared everything.

right i have tried what EL_capitan suggested and still the same , as for the system instability , i have a brand new psu and my voltage is precisely 12.042 volts - tested at work with a rigol scope . i have upped my vcore to 1.4v and added 0.25 volts to my ht link and pci link , still the same issue  so i think its the card reacting strangely to my overclock , how this could be i do not know :(