XFX HD 7970 Black Edition Double Dissipation 3 GB Review

bp9801

Just WOW if it can oc to that with temps like that and only be a reference card why are people bitching about price IMO it is totally justified for a stable oc 24/7 that is over 1200 core with sub 80C temps.

The non reference cards may be very promising especially when one cones along with a better voltage design using two 8pin connectors and more phases.

Yeah, it is quite amazing - Whats even more amazing is that it never even exceeds the 75C when the ambiant in my room at the hottest time of the day is 30C !!

Also, the XFX non reference cards are getting extremely high temps on the VRMs, seems to be a design flaw that many are complaining about.

You'd probably drown in your own saliva once you hit 1250mhz and 1725mhz for gaming like I do on mine :lol:

Two DD's in CF would be horrible, imagine all that heat in your case and the temp increases :(

I can do 1250+Mhz on it but its not stable in every game I test with up to 5760x1080. It pass 3D11 at that speed but if its not stable in everything I do then I can't show that off. Im working on another card that does close as well but not when I run in Eyefinity mode

No practical world, but I think it should be. :unsure:

The noise levels are better than a 6970 and even the reference 7970.