Grid Autosport

Nyt

Grid Autosport announced today :  http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/04/introducing-grid-autosport/

Way excited for this !!! :D

-Tyre wear
-Night racing
-Endurance, Street and Open wheel racing
-Combined route list that totals over 100 with more circuits than GRID and GRID 2 combined
-Single player career as professional racing driver with ability to switch teams, fulfil sponsor demands and beat rivals
-Racing with a teammate is back and at your request he/she will now attack the cars ahead or defend their position and a feature that will also allow you to request information from your team engineer
-Practice, Qualifying and Race
-Tuneable components include: brake bias, differential, downforce, gears, ride height and suspension at both the front and back
-Cockpit view makes a return, and with it a dashboard view too

Definitely a day one purchase for me :D Looks amazing

Releases 27 June on PC, PS3 and Xbox 360
Edited by Knight_72

Am excited :)

I haven't played a GRID game yet but I'm getting into driving games and I want to get, I sincerely hope it doesn't have the awful commentary Dirt 3(first Codemasters driving game I have) has, I can't play the game because of that. Glad cockpit view is back, the lack of it made me ignore Grid 2

Edited by DanTheGamer11

-Cockpit view makes a return, and with it a dashboard view too

Looks like someone might have paid attention finally.  Honestly I can overlook the other silliness of GRID 2, but one of the biggest reasons I love the first GRID is that balance of arcade and sim that taking out the in car view killed for me.  I didn't even bother torrenting it to check it out (I did that with the first game and quit halfway through the first race I ran and bought the game).  Kinda worries me with the speed that they jumped from GRID 2 to this compared to GRID to GRID 2, but it might not be so bad for people like me who didn't get 2.  

I'm gonna wait for the reviews on this one and possibly do like I did with the first, but I HOPE it's the GRID I've been waiting for.

GRID 1 was the best, the only thing I ever played was the demolition derby, even thou there was only 2 tracks it was crazy fun!

Although I like racing games, the only ones I would play now are a new NFS undergound or most wanted (don't like the new one at all).

I just hope that I will not be deceived by Codemasters once more.

I actually really enjoy (yea, up to this day) playing TOCA 3. It was a nice Sim with a whole lot of type of cars, DTM was one of my favorite.

It had a good sim-type driving (while being lesser than the GT series).

Then I bought Dirt 3, expecting to have similar driving experience like the ol' Colin McRae Rally. Sacrebleu, I would say. I own Richard Burns Rally and it felt better to drive.

I like having hillclimb and Group B cars, so this is what pushed me to get Dirt 3.

Back on Grid Autosport, graphics look pretty awesome, but I'm looking for a PC equivalent of Gran Turismo. There is also Project CARS and Assetto Corsa that are looking pretty promising.

Back on Grid Autosport, graphics look pretty awesome, but I'm looking for a PC equivalent of Gran Turismo. There is also Project CARS and Assetto Corsa that are looking pretty promising.

Honestly, no matter how good GRID Autosport turns out, for PC gamers who are racing game fans, I think Project CARS is the one to watch.