this kid is insane

damian

My concern is that excessive muscle building prior to completion of puberty can cause developmental problems and stunt growth.

That was my first thought when I started watching the video. I have friends that had that problem but it was something they never learned about until later in life. It's really one of those things they need to teach in PE in schools.

Anyway, very impressive video, like someone else said, I'm almost tired just from watching it. I've been working on pullups for a while now and I can only do 7, that's on a good. but I'm a little heavy at 5'8" 185lb. Kind of motivational too though, more so than watching some of the other "motivational" videos out there that show off guys that look like the hulk. :lol:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to diminish what she achieves, which is quite impressive, but her form on most of the exercises could be improved upon substantially. She barely gets her chin above the bar on the pullups and her front lever is with bent arms and slightly bent legs. Her muscle ups are well done, and a lot of the show off moves are also well done, but I'd say she should focus on getting full range of motion on her pull ups and improve her front lever, maybe work into a planche.

wtf she is doing like backwards pullups that looks so strange and difficult!! :P

I do it in front, 33 is a lot and is just a little girl! Anyway I normally do 6/6/6/6 and that's it. Maybe I can do 10-12 but that's it.. I'll be tired for the rest of the excersises in the day. No point. She is doing and i'm sure she still have remaining energy.

I'm 6'2" 165lb if my measurement translation isn't bad.. i hate US measurements.. use Kilograms and Meters guys :P  1.88m and 74kg i'm trying to gain weight naturally, not protein no sh*t only food and hard work. I've gained 4-5 kg since i've started gym in february.. I hope to reach 85kg, that will be a nice goal but it will take a lot of time and effort.

Edited by Fragsman

Waitttttttt.. she DID 33 with a weight on it feets. So for the guy who said he can do all she did, you will need to do 33 but also with around 15kg on your feets according to your weight because she is really little and she have like 5-7kg?

Somethings were impressive but like others have said, she weighs like nothing and her form on those pull ups was terrible

Have you guys ever done pull ups to exhaustion point? You can't maintain perfect form at exhaustion. If you can, you're not at exhaustion point.

Also, like frags said, the additional weight during the 33 is a very important factor. She has a considerable amount of weight on her considering her size. I've done pull ups with only shorts on and I've done them in my full clothing, being t-shirt, jeans, boots, and whatever may be in my pockets which is another couple pounds. I can definitely notice the difference between these two situations and it does affect how many I can do. I don't know the difference of weight from having all that on but I do know that it affects how many I can do.

Amanda and I are doing a body-weight workout - it gets you in shape so fast it's amazing. You level up if you can do day 3 in less than 5 minutes.

I'm up to an easy 40+ pullups without even feeling it already (I'm ~165 pounds) on top of a lot of pushups and squats (or situps if you have bad knees).

http://www.simplefit.org/workout.html :cheers:

Somethings were impressive but like others have said, she weighs like nothing and her form on those pull ups was terrible

Have you guys ever done pull ups to exhaustion point? You can't maintain perfect form at exhaustion. If you can, you're not at exhaustion point.

Also, like frags said, the additional weight during the 33 is a very important factor. She has a considerable amount of weight on her considering her size. I've done pull ups with only shorts on and I've done them in my full clothing, being t-shirt, jeans, boots, and whatever may be in my pockets which is another couple pounds. I can definitely notice the difference between these two situations and it does affect how many I can do. I don't know the difference of weight from having all that on but I do know that it affects how many I can do.

But she started bad, not just ended them in poor form. I'm not saying I'm anywhere near that kind of shape but just saying even if I can't do all that many... I aim for perfect form.

Can you give an example of what you consider to be proper form? Her form looks fine to me really, she's not swinging or anything. Maybe the last couple are kind of poor but most of those look fine to me. The only thing I would say is maybe that they look like narrow grip pull ups to me, but I'm not sure, the camera angle isn't the best. In my opinion, narrow grip is easier than wide grip, still proper form though.

I mean I pretty much do my pull ups like hers, but I don't drop all the way down like she does since there's not much to be gained from that, but all the same, my form is like hers and I see amazing results from it and I have no injuries. The only difference is that I do lift my legs when I do mine, which provides a little upward motion to make them slightly easier but I mostly include that to work my core better.

Well when I do pullups I make sure my whole head's facing forward, with my chin level to the ground, and make sure it goes above the bar I'm using. Idk why, but it bugs me when people just try and sneak their chin up to the bar and call that a full pullup. It might not be a lot but it really gets under my skin for some reason lol

Well there's really no need to go that high, most professionals suggest you only need to go eye level with the bar, to the point where your elbows make a 90 degree angle. Personally I go above the chin except for my exhaustion pull up.

You're right though, she is in a sense cheating, tilting her head up for the sake of the chin above the bar rule. However her arms are still meeting the full range of motion I think. I'm not really sure on that to be honest though, hers look like narrow grip and I'm not really familiar with that, I do wide grip and always make sure mine meet the 90 degree angle.

As far as how the head should be facing though, it's usually safer to be looking forward or slightly down and this supposedly helps work and stretch the muscles being worked in a pull up anyway.

A couple examples of what I do for proper form.

That's how I do mine except I also do a leg lift in mine to work the core.