Productivity?

freddie

I currently only have one monitor, a ASUS 27" VK278Q. If I wanted to increase my productivity would I be better off getting another VK or VE 278Q OR should I go for something like a Dell U2412M and throw it in portrait view?

So basically 2 x 27" or 27" + 24" ?    

Would the colour differences be THAT bad between the monitors? would it be tolerable?

Colors will be different initially, but just calibrate them and you won't see much of a difference, really.

I do like portrait view on occassion, but the majority of the time I'm good with landscape view. Portrait works great for me when working with code or SQL.

I love my 1920x1200.  I have a 1920x1080 here at work and it feels so skinny and constrained in comparison.

The colors will be different ...even after calibration.  How well you spot the difference is different amongst each person.  Personally I find it very easy, especially across different brands.  But I'm the person who spent $100 extra on his TV because the black rating was better with 120Mhz version over 60Mhz version.  I didn't pay it for the better refresh rate (useless on standard TV), I paid it for the better blacks.

As far as orientation goes, I'm hearing people rave with 1 in Potrait and 1 in Landscape.  I can see it, but like El_Capitan said ...for me it would have to be situational use as to what I'm doing.  I think jumping up 120 pixels is far more valuable than it sounds like.   This 1080p monitor feels so small.  The sad thing is I don't even use my home PC much and yet my eyes are use to that display over this one.