•PhysX

•Smart Doctor utility

•Overclocking with voltage tuning

•Price

Cons:

•Airflow from rear dumps into the chassis

•Price

•Overclocking with no tuning

How can we say overclocking with voltage tuning is good when we havent tested it :P Im glad Frank didnt using voltage tuning since most reviewers fried cards

Shouldn't it be Voltage tuning available ? Since overclocking it is definately not a pro since is barely can oc

I want to see watercooling on both the HD 6990 and GTX 590 and see them go head-to-head overclocked. :P

For the same price as the HD 6990, the GTX 590 is actually the better deal, imo. Still overpriced, though. They should both be $500. :P

How can we say overclocking with voltage tuning is good when we havent tested it :P Im glad Frank didnt using voltage tuning since most reviewers fried cards

Shouldn't it be Voltage tuning available ? Since overclocking it is definately not a pro since is barely can oc

Apparently a lot of the new GTX cards get fried from overvolting. I heard that (I'm not sure if it was 560s or 570s) would get fried almost every time someone touched the voltage. So I guess we'll have to deal with it.

EITHER WAY: I peed a little when I saw this. It's good to see new high-end cards, it's a shame that it rarely performs better than dual 570s though (since they're cheaper, for one.)

Better size!

Better power consumption! (even than dual 580s :O )

Quieter!

Better Performance overall! (with drivers still to mature)

I see the a new 295 on our hands :)

If they priced it higher it wouldn't be good

What do the GPU's on the 590 consist of? Are they dual 580's or 570's? Each GPU has 512 cores but gets outperformed by the 580 SLI.

The GPUs are GF110s, the same as found on the GTX 580. Howerver the clocks are lower than on a GTX 580, so it shouldn't be too much of a surprise that a GTX 580 SLI could outperform it.

Apparently a lot of the new GTX cards get fried from overvolting. I heard that (I'm not sure if it was 560s or 570s) would get fried almost every time someone touched the voltage. So I guess we'll have to deal with it.

It was the GTX570's , the amount of power phases was not enough .

I havent had any problems on my GTX580 , I even ran 950mhz , 1900mhz and 2250mhz at 1.15v in dx11 gaming in a 30C ambiant enviroment and heat didnt even limit it

First thing I noticed...typo in the first paragraph of "Closer Look" 4 lines down, the word their is spelled thier........ sorry, just had to comment lol. But this thing is a BEAST of a crad! :evilgrin:

Edited by F13Bubba