Batman: Arkham City

bp9801

New details emerge! Arkham City takes place one year after Arkham Asylum and it sees the old warden as major of Gotham. He decided to wall off a section of the city to use as the asylum and the inmates are pretty much left to fend for themselves. Two Face, the Joker, and maybe other major villains seem to be recruiting members for gangs of their own to battle each other and Batman. Catwoman will play Batman's love interest though no mention was made if she will be friend or foe.

Most of the weapons and gadgets you get in the first game will return and you will start the game with them all. You can then upgrade them over the course of the game while even getting new ones, like the Bat Claw. Combat is getting a revamp with the addition of simultaneous counters, gadget incorporation, and projectile counters. So yes, now you can spray explosive gel on the inmates while dodging stuff they throw at you. Plus there will be side quests and more Riddler puzzles to solve.

More info will be in the latest issue of Game Informer. But so far, I am eagerly anticipating this game.

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quick look at the new interrogation mode. Seems that you need to find an informant who has information on a Riddler puzzle, knock out the guys surrounding him while not knocking out the informant, and then grilling him for information on where the puzzle is located. Seems to be a better way to do it rather than just go into Detective Mode and look around.

• 4 months later...

Loved AA. Can't wait for this. I don't really believe PhysX enhanced the game much. Cloth looks like cloth and snow looks like snow in these new games that are (coming) out so I don't think AC will have it. I'll have to replay AA before I get it.

So glad to hear they're not ruining the sequel by adding multiplayer!

No kidding, If a single player game is good enough there isn't a need for MP. Can't stand when they try to force it. I played through AA 3 times.

Loved AA. Can't wait for this. I don't really believe PhysX enhanced the game much. Cloth looks like cloth and snow looks like snow in these new games that are (coming) out so I don't think AC will have it. I'll have to replay AA before I get it.

I disagree. I think BAA is the perfect example of how developers should implement PhysX. I bet there were a lot of implementations of PhysX in the game you weren't even aware of - realistic cloth was just one.

• 2 weeks later...

New article looking at the city and what all Batman can do in it. The writer complains about Detective Mode, but I think it's just a caveat all of IGN have with it. I personally didn't mind Detective Mode and even did whole sequences of AA with it on.

Well that's exactly why several people took issue with it - the game world was so beautiful, but you spent most of the time in detective mode, not appreciating the environment. But I don't really care, the game was still awesome.

As for the article, the best part was the new video!

And this is rather interesting:

Early on, Batman finds a babbling Calendar Man locked in a cell. He's murmuring about St. Patrick's Day and a crime he committed, but he won't give details. As it turns out, if you return on St. Patrick's Day (in real life, not in the game world), Calendar Man will give vivid details on his crime's from that day. Each holiday has a story for those who want to revisit Calendar Man throughout the year.

I can see people changing their PC's date just to see what Calendar Man will say (assuming that works).

I bet there were a lot of implementations of PhysX in the game you weren't even aware of - realistic cloth was just one.

Sounds like most physx games :P , this is why physx never enters into the equation of whether I buy a graphics card or not. :D

They're cool don't get me wrong, the game better be good too though (which the Batman games are from what I hear, I need to get em eventually)

• 3 weeks later...