Our Abit IX38 Quad GT is Posted

Nemo

I went through every Bios, beta and otherwise. My Q6600 will boot into windows at 475fsb benchmark stable. It just isnt prime stable until 450fsb. 400x9 or 450x8 it does not matter to me. 3.6 is 3.6Ghz. As long as I get the max my chip can do It's Ok.

Few question about this board.

The board does not do "FSB 1600/1333MHz"? Is this something Abit didn't think people would notice?

Can I do two Nvidia cards on this board doing the SLI. The reason I'm asking I see you used an Nvidia card in your testing.

Just want to know if I decide to get a second video card add to do the SLI if it would work on this mb.

thanks

-RM

Edited by Redmars

Few question about this board.

The board does not do "FSB 1600/1333MHz"? Is this something Abit didn't think people would notice?

Can I do two Nvidia cards on this board doing the SLI. The reason I'm asking I see you used an Nvidia card in your testing.

Just want to know if I decide to get a second video card add to do the SLI if it would work on this mb.

thanks

-RM

The intel chipset does not support SLI. I use an nVidia 8800gts as my test bed card. I do have 2 of them to use on an SLI capable chipset. Soon my 524fsb E6750 will have this board as its home so I will be updating this review if the 400fsb barrier can be breached with that chip. If you do want to go multi GPU the 3870's in crossfire would be a nice choice. Diamond, Sapphire and Visiontek are models I have used. Thanks for your interest.