Getting Users Back

gebraset

One way to keep em here would be to set something up similar to what EVGA is doing where your get so much of a discount for so many points a month, maybe Dave could work something out with some manufactures for discounts on different hardware...

:withstupid: That's actually a great idea.

Also, if you wouldn't mind getting rid of some of your old cases, send me a PM and we can work something out.

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmmmm, yes, not a horrible idea. Might be hard though since EVGA users are folding for the company team themselves, and receiving discounts on that company's products. Not sure how it would work with OCC, though I know Dave has a ton of contacts. :evilgrin:

Of course little Visa gift cards would also be nice too, lol. :woot: Just kidding of course.

Problem with a contest based on points means that those with better hardware and cheaper electricity will win.

It should maybe be similar to the one we had before, all users who had folded for a month would at the end of that month be entered into a draw for some prizes(last year they were user donated prizes but whatever works)

Just set a start date and use this with the month chart to verify they have folded all month.

Problem with a contest based on points means that those with better hardware and cheaper electricity will win.

It should maybe be similar to the one we had before, all users who had folded for a month would at the end of that month be entered into a draw for some prizes(last year they were user donated prizes but whatever works)

Just set a start date and use this with the month chart to verify they have folded all month.

Yea that is great also, need a prize every month of the year to keep it going but then thats more work for dave but might boost the teams points. Maybe a 3 month trial something to so how it goes...

I was looking at the stats and looks like several people have upped there production a little, must of needed a little more heat in the house... Looks like around 100,000 ppd worth or I just havent checked it in a long time.. :foldon:

Edited by road-runner

Yeah, I let my machines fold only on the weekend and the desktop back in Ohio folds 24/7, though it is quite old. I tried to up my points a bit, but we will see once I move into a new place soon, lol. Still going to contribute though!

Also, the idea of a drawing for some prizes, even if they are small, is pretty good. I'd certainly enjoy that. :thumbsup:

I was looking at the stats and looks like several people have upped there production a little, must of needed a little more heat in the house... Looks like around 100,000 ppd worth or I just havent checked it in a long time.. :foldon:

Hehe yeah my room would be a mite cold without my gpus folding.

Yeah, I let my machines fold only on the weekend and the desktop back in Ohio folds 24/7, though it is quite old. I tried to up my points a bit, but we will see once I move into a new place soon, lol. Still going to contribute though!

Also, the idea of a drawing for some prizes, even if they are small, is pretty good. I'd certainly enjoy that. :thumbsup:

Yea maybe a few small prizes every month, bi monthly or what ever to keep people folding and here...

ive started folding again, although just on cpu, i sold off two computers i used to fold and i am still fighting driver crashes on my video cards, ive tried 4 gpu's and many different versions of drivers, and its not folding that will crash it, anything will, just opening a new window sometimes does it, i have had this problem since i built this computer i'm starting to think its a mobo or psu issue because i have tried other hardware and have had many variables, with mobo and psu being the only constants,

but folding is folding