Hitachi Portable G_Drive and Touro Mobile Pro Hard Drives Evaluated

Nemo

I have 8 3TB drives no issues for me. :)

The newer drives are reportedly "more reliable", but that report hasn't been doing me too many favors lately. I relied on it when I bought my ASRock, and I'm sorely disappointed.

Did it just up and die on you?

My motherboard did... twice. I thought it was my PSU, but I've gotten another one and then tested my old OCZ ModXStream (after I bought the new one), and all voltages were almost perfect, and certainly well within reason. Even on my friend's rig under full load (Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8 and HD 5770), his testing spots gave me very good voltage reports.

I got my board back from RMA and it won't POST right off the bat.

Or were you talking about Hitachi drives? I've never owned one, but I've had a few friends that got them with prebuilts, all of which have gone bad within a year and a half or so.

My motherboard did... twice. I thought it was my PSU, but I've gotten another one and then tested my old OCZ ModXStream (after I bought the new one), and all voltages were almost perfect, and certainly well within reason. Even on my friend's rig under full load (Phenom II X4 965 @ 3.8 and HD 5770), his testing spots gave me very good voltage reports.

I got my board back from RMA and it won't POST right off the bat.

Or were you talking about Hitachi drives? I've never owned one, but I've had a few friends that got them with prebuilts, all of which have gone bad within a year and a half or so.

You mean my 940 I have my 965

Edited by anarchytwist