Best SSD Settings

ericgcollyer

Yup. The Marvell controller really does kinda suck. :lol:

Do you now how motherboard function.Have you ever seen scheme of motherboard.Marvell controller must push data true pci-e line and Intel is direct connect to cpu,memory and hole system.I will like to see intel scores in position where is Marvell now.Some of the fastes SSD,are Marvell based ssd.If and when Marvell do some motherboards i will be first to buy it .

Your name puts a rather big question mark on the objectivity of your comment

OH shit, didn't look at the time stamp..

and with regards to your problem, the marvel controller is never going to reach the advertised speeds like previously mentioned, theres nothing wrong with that though.

what are using to measure the speed?

I think you are answering on pretty old post, but instead, please try to help me with my problem 8)

(post on this forum:  http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=191134&p=2072072)

Thanks

OP here unfortunatly, it is the marvall chipset. I spent a good long while researching this topic, and even had the user Marvell Chip help me out and I still couldnt boost my speeds. I upgraded to Ivy Bridge to solve the issue :rolleyes:. At this point, I would recommend waiting till Haswell though. Sorry about that.

@freddie: Ok perhaps I should make peace with Marvell chip, but why the Intel controller doesnt prove its speeds. (I mentioned both speeds on Intel and Marvel controllers)

Also if you read the very first post on this topic from ericgcollyer (here is the link http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=191134&p=2012326)

He mentions the significantly higher speeds with almost the same configuration. I'm wondering why and how he got this speeds?

@ericgcollyer: I'm happy that you are still monitoring this topic. Can you please explain how you succeded to got these speed, as you can see, my configuration is pretty much

the same as yours (the same motherbouard, and similar CPU).

I'd like a bit of those speeds on my PC ;)

For benchmark I used "AS SSD Benchmark".. i think that this one is fine?

Here are my benchmarks, the disk used as secondary disk, the partition is aligned, trim is enabled, the firmware is 400i.

Config:

ASUS Sabertooth X58

i7 950

NVidia GT 440

Intel 520 SSD 180GB

The benchmarks provided are from both controllers available on the board.

In my opinion this is still very slow or perhaps not?

post-95212-0-07624900-1358202470_thumb.png

post-95212-0-54431800-1358202471_thumb.png