What processor for your next PC?

neddamttocs

40 members have voted

1. 1. Intel or AMD

• Intel
    • AMD

I've been running with primarily AMD's (9550, 955BE, 1010T, FX-4170), but I think my next build would be with an Intel (T8300).  I haven't touched a computer game in over a year now, so my desktop is pretty inefficient for my use.  A new lower-end Intel will be enough for me and should be more energy efficient than a similarly performing AMD.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been running with primarily AMD's (9550, 955BE, 1010T, FX-4170), but I think my next build would be with an Intel (T8300).  I haven't touched a computer game in over a year now, so my desktop is pretty inefficient for my use.  A new lower-end Intel will be enough for me and should be more energy efficient than a similarly performing AMD.

Isn't that a pretty old laptop chip lol

Actually, meant the T9600.  My bad.

Yes and yes.

Purchased a used Asus G51VX, replaced the P7350 with a T9600, and upgraded the screen to 1080p.

It was not my intention to suggest that the T9600 was for a build, just that it's the most recent Intel processor I've used.  My appologies if it was taken any other way.

Edited by Kiro

Actually, meant the T9600.  My bad.

Yes and yes.

Purchased a used Asus G51VX, replaced the P7350 with a T9600, and upgraded the screen to 1080p.

It was not my intention to suggest that the T9600 was for a build, just that it's the most recent Intel processor I've used.  My appologies if it was taken any other way.

I figured, I know that because I remember looking them all up. My first laptop had a T7500 chip and the second had a P9500 chip.

Now that I think about it, all of my desktops have AMD's and all of my laptops have Intel's.   Prior to the G51VX, I had: Thinkpad T42, Thinkpad T60, MacbookPro4,1.  Purely coincidential.