ATI Catalyst settings can't duplicate third monitor for eyefinity

Gagzila

HI. I have a similar problem and want to clarify something. I have 2 5770s I believe. Each has a DVI main port, 1 HDMI port and a Display Port. I have the main DVI port plugged into one monitor, and I have the Active DP adapter attached to another monitor's DVI-D port and attached to the cards Display Port. On the other 5770 I have attached the 3rd monitor from its DVI-D port to an Active Display Port Adapter to the card's Display Port. All monitors work fine but when I try to set up eyefinity with 12.3 CCC I can only get the two monitors on the one 5770 card to be able to duplicate and the other monitor attached to the 2nd 5770 will not duplicate. Therefore, I cannot Create a Group in CCC for all 3 monitors to work as one for gaming. So as I read this post it sounds like I would have to connect all 3 monitors to one of my two 5770 cards, which means one monitor would have to be connected to the card's HDMI port via a DVI-HDMI adapter. Is this correct? Thanks for any help.

I am more than certain that most monitors these days have a hdmi port so just use a hdmi cable and yes you need all three monitors on one card for 3 screen eyefinity.

HI. I have a similar problem and want to clarify something. I have 2 5770s I believe. Each has a DVI main port, 1 HDMI port and a Display Port. I have the main DVI port plugged into one monitor, and I have the Active DP adapter attached to another monitor's DVI-D port and attached to the cards Display Port. On the other 5770 I have attached the 3rd monitor from its DVI-D port to an Active Display Port Adapter to the card's Display Port. All monitors work fine but when I try to set up eyefinity with 12.3 CCC I can only get the two monitors on the one 5770 card to be able to duplicate and the other monitor attached to the 2nd 5770 will not duplicate. Therefore, I cannot Create a Group in CCC for all 3 monitors to work as one for gaming. So as I read this post it sounds like I would have to connect all 3 monitors to one of my two 5770 cards, which means one monitor would have to be connected to the card's HDMI port via a DVI-HDMI adapter. Is this correct? Thanks for any help.

what 5770 do you have that only has one dvi?

i have a default one infront of me now, and it has 2 dvi, 1 hdmi and one displayport

if it does only have one you should be able to connect the 3rd screen off the hdmi.

and in the future, please avoid digging up old threads, i can see you just joined, so you may not know, but this thread was resolved over 6 months ago.

what 5770 do you have that only has one dvi?

i have a default one infront of me now, and it has 2 dvi, 1 hdmi and one displayport

if it does only have one you should be able to connect the 3rd screen off the hdmi.

and in the future, please avoid digging up old threads, i can see you just joined, so you may not know, but this thread was resolved over 6 months ago.

Hey I apologize. The 2 5770s I have only have 1 DVI port each and then 1 HDMI and 1 DP. I've seen other models with 2 DVI ports but apparently that isn't mine. Essentially I have 2 DVI 2 HDMI and 2 DP between the 2 separate cards. Thanks for your help though. I'll go out and get an HDMI DVI adapter tomorrow and check it out. Take care.

Hey I apologize. The 2 5770s I have only have 1 DVI port each and then 1 HDMI and 1 DP. I've seen other models with 2 DVI ports but apparently that isn't mine. Essentially I have 2 DVI 2 HDMI and 2 DP between the 2 separate cards. Thanks for your help though. I'll go out and get an HDMI DVI adapter tomorrow and check it out. Take care.

Why are you getting a hdmi to dvi adapter? Does you monitor seriously not accept hdmi input?

Why are you getting a hdmi to dvi adapter? Does you monitor seriously not accept hdmi input?

The monitor I have accepts vga and DVI therefore I need an adapter. It's an Acer 23" moniotr and I do not see a direct HDMI port. Regardless, I have DIV cables and no HDMI cables so an adapter should be all I will need.