Hackintosh or Hackintosh VM

Psywar

I think ... wait I'll leave off guessing and find out for you. I am about to go out but I'll get back to you later this evening. :thumbsup:

Edited by SpeedCrazy

It isn't like you're going to get the video editing software for free.

All the good software is cross-platform anyways. Pick up some Adobe, it'll be cheaper than paying for OS X and the proper hardware and the software.

I've done Hackintosh, took a while but I got it.

After I got it all working and stuff, I was like 'What the hell do I do now?". After installing Steam I never used it ever again. Just deleted the partition today.

Yeah, I have been doing some more reading and looking in to stuff over the weekend/week and I have decided not to do it.

I already have AAE for Windows. I am sure I can find a couple of other good editors for Windows as well and be set to go.

• 6 months later...

(Update 2/18/2012) - Updated this thread here.

Hey ya'll again!

I figured instead of starting a new post I would just add-on to the one I made back in Aug of 2011.

Soo... I jumped in feet first and picked up an Apple iPad 2 last night. The reason I did this is because I very much enjoy making music and I have tried a ton of different pieces of software on Windows and my Android device and I have not found anything I enjoy working with. My buddy owns two iPads and an Apple Notebook and we have been having "Jam Sessions" over at his place. I wanted something I could do on my own when he was not around, so I went to the darkside and bought an Apple Product.

Anyway's that story aside, my new question is the Laptop below in my signature I want to run VMware on it and run OS X or Lion it. The reason I want this is for a program called GarageBand. I don't know if any of you have used this or heard of it, but it is the slickest piece of music software I have ever come across.

Does anyone know if my Laptop below will run VMware Hackintosh? Also will Lion run GarageBand? Has anyone ever done this without any real major issues?

I am going to head over to hackint0sh.org for a larger picture of this whole thing since that community is based around making hackintosh's. I don't want to mess up this laptop lol!

Thanks guys!

honestly unless you are using Final Cut you have no reason to use a mac for anything. back when macs has power PowerPC chips and 1ghz bus, it was faster than anything intel had. Now that Macs all have Intel chips in them (mostly Core2) the PC becomes faster. Not to mention programs like Photoshop are crippled in OSX and run in 32bit mode.

edit: As for garage-band it's like a dumb down version of pro-tools and a mix of fruity-loops.

Edited by hornybluecow