Miners...I don't like you

IVIYTH0S

Just found a link while browsing. Just look where all these cards end up.

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/insane-crypto-currency-mining-rigs/

God what morons :pfp:
If you were raking in the dough you would have a different opinion I think. :)

The imaginary dough or the one you hand over to your electric company?

Nothing imaginary about it. I have bank deposits to prove it LOL.

Please don't tell me you're dense enough to think that people build these rigs optimized for hashes/Watt, with all the planning and work involved, without turning a profit...

I know plenty of people that have made back all of the money they spent building their mining rigs plus some. It's not hard to convert Litecoin/Dogecoin/whatever into BTC, which you can then buy real products with and/or convert to cash.

That last part (converting to straight cash) is a bit tricky but it's nowhere near impossible.

Just found a link while browsing. Just look where all these cards end up.

http://www.thinkcomputers.org/insane-crypto-currency-mining-rigs/

God what morons :pfp:

If you were raking in the dough you would have a different opinion I think. :)

Nothing imaginary about it. I have bank deposits to prove it LOL.

Pic? I'll take it all back with proof of it actually being worth it Edited by IVIYTH0S

this may sound harsh but this is my personal feeling I pray to God everybody involved with Bitcoin mining and all crypto currencies are inflicted with the worst case of carpal tunnel that they will never be able to touch a keyboard or mouse ever again

• Like 1

Not much on the 6970s, but then again with the higher cost of any newer upgrades you could prob get a fair bit more than usual for them if you sell them off, just remember whatever you might buy to replace them with would cost more than it should too...

Honestly I have nothing against miners and I would probably be one had I known about it much earlier or if I had the start up cash months back.  These days it seems like a constant uphill battle and I'm certainly an outsider so even if finances stabilize I doubt I would spend the money to get going.

Since there are calls for Bitcoin to be banned in the US (or so I have heard) I shouldn't expect this mining phase to last long...since it hit $1k a while back, it seems to have settled around $500 for now...Mt Gox also went down the other day so I can see the currency experiencing teething problems.

Its one senator who's financed by bankers who's calling for a ban. The fed released a statement saying that they have no right to ban them as they are outside the bank's scope. California has recognized them as legal currency and New York is considering doing the same. They aren't going anywhere. As far as miners are concerned, as has been said before its not Bitcoin. Its the other scrypt based coins that are being run on gfx cards. 

As far as Mt. Gox is concerned a lot of people got screwed there and I feel for them, but the price is already on its way back up. Plus there is legitimate benefit to using cryptocurrencies. Have you ever tried to do an international bank transfer? Or send a cashiers check by registered mail. I have and its slow and its expensive. Even services like paypal and western union are obnoxiously expensive in comparison. I sent ~$300 to canada and it cost me around $30 to do it. Someone sent something like $10M (Dont remember the exact amount) worth of BTC and it cost the equivalent of around 60 cents. Its kind of the monetary equivalent of torrenting. They couldnt stop it even if they tried