Q6600 OC Troubles

Imagine

So I found the setting for EIST in my BIOS and disabled it (it was hidden, had to hit F4 to display). Set my RAM to 5-5-5-15 @ 1.9v and as of right now I'm 15 minutes into Prime 95 on Blend so far so good. CPU appears to be at 1.5v and 55c at load.

Got it booting at 3464MHz. Been stable in Windows and running Prime95 so far. Temps are 45c idle right now. Feeding it 1.425v right now. I removed the DDR2 667 stick I had in there so I'm running 6GB DDR2 800 in total. Making decent headway here so far today :D

post-72547-0-48700800-1384698364_thumb.png

Right, the board is absolute schiesse. I can get it to boot at 3465MHz hell I can even get it to boot at 3.8GHz (round about).. but nothing I'm able to do in the BIOS will make it stable. More vCore helps but right now I'm running it at the ragged edge of what voltage the Q6600 will take without destroying itself. The RAM timings are as lax as the BIOS will allow (6-6-6-24) and I don't think it's the memory seeing as it's binned at 800MHz running 6-6-6-20 and right now it's running 790-ish MHz.

I've also got the chipsets running at around 1.5v which is supposedly well within the limits of safety according to the BIOS and manufacturer. The closest I got to stable suprisingly was at 3.79GHz running 1.52v if I adjust for vDrop. At that speed it passed 15 tests of prime95 and then failed for some rounding error.

My next step will potentially be a new board to push on further... also a Q6600 running at 3.1GHz and above how would that perform alongside potentially a R9 270X graphics card??