What is the most suitable Video card for this system?

Dan has the 560TI oc from Gigabyte. He wants a more powerful GPU from Nvidia. But not SLI!

He is considering one of the 680 cards.

I have seen various comparisons and my 670FTW seems up there with a 680 sometimes.

I would like you guys to peruse his specs and come up with a vote on what is best for him.

Maybe even wait for the 700 series cards to arrive. (If they ever do)

My attitude for the moment is a 680 OC but i'm no expert on what is out there to purchase.

The only non runner would be the Titan. So leave that out.

Hoping to hear from you guys and hope you have a happy Easter.

I don't think I'd put anything bigger in there until that PSU gets replaced.  70% efficiency was good 10+ years ago...but today?  I don't think I'd trust it on a pricey rig.

That said - a 670 or 680 would be a good option IMHO.

Thanks Waco. At first i wondered how you knew it was only 70% ........... ha ha!

Dan was actually thinking along the lines of getting a better power supply.

Good catch.

I don't think I'd put anything bigger in there until that PSU gets replaced.  70% efficiency was good 10+ years ago...but today?  I don't think I'd trust it on a pricey rig.

Do you think a Corsair 650HX gold would be good enough to drive a 680?

Do you think a Corsair 650HX gold would be good enough to drive a 680?

You have another thread running, right?

Talking about PSU, if you want, you can buy cheaper PSUs like TX650V2 which can easily power the system up.

+1 on the tx650v2 i have one and its running an overclocked i5 3570k, a watercooling loop and an overclocked kfa2 gtx670. as for the graphics card i would save some money and go for a decent 670 and overclock it, it won't be far from the 680 and should work out a bit cheaper.

Why only nvidia?? if the 670 is in the running, I'd probably still pick a 7950 over it for price/performance and the higher memory

I think OP is thinking about picking up a GTX680. So, you can't give any single card AMD equivalent.

Why only nvidia?? if the 670 is in the running, I'd probably still pick a 7950 over it for price/performance and the higher memory

I think OP is thinking about picking up a GTX680. So, you can't give any single card AMD equivalent.

Until that vram gets filled :teehee: