HELP!

Guess that post goes in the legacy file :)

Strange that I read through the whole thread until I got to page three.............. what a dork I am.

Nah man, I appreciate your help.

See here is what happened. I called up asus and explained the situation. They had me do factory default settings and all the things I had already tried. Finally they said the reason it wasn't working was that the router was """"""""too old for the computer"""""""""" . Well considering the router supported wireless B/G/N, and the way to solve the problem was to buy yet another asus product, I feel confident the advice was BS. The real nail in the coffin for asus was that the router itself only came out I want to say 2 years ago and the laptop was 8 years old. so how can a router that was made 2 years ago be too old for a pc that was made 8 years ago????????

I just sort of threw my hands up in the air and said F it. Now everything is working just fine with a generic router/modem. I was hopping I could get him with the asus tech support and warranty so that he would call them for issues instead of me...........no such luck :lol:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to know that Asus' world class support extends to their routers too dry.gif

Yeah I also found out that all it was was an asus branded D-link router anyways. Not to mention that 10000000000000000 people seem to be having the same exact issue. Logic would dictate that they would have a solution for this by now :glare:

Yeah I also found out that all it was was an asus branded D-link router anyways. Not to mention that 10000000000000000 people seem to be having the same exact issue. Logic would dictate that they would have a solution for this by now :glare:

You would think so right? Honestly, I have never had a good experience with tech support. Especially with routers. If only this were true:

http://xkcd.com/806/

:lol: I love xkcd.

God, and I have that EXACT same problem with my verizon router too. It will turn off every few hours or so. In fact I just had to restart it a minute ago. I have already tried calling verizon and this is how it went.

"Me: hey guys, my router keeps cutting out about every hour or so"

"Verizon: Ok sir, please restart the modem"

"Me: ok"................................................restarted

"Me: ok its done"

" Verizon: Ok sir did that fix the problem?"

Me: You are joking right?

Verizon: Ok sir well we will run a test on your router.

Me: Ok

Verison: Please restart the router

Restarted the router.

Verizon: Ok sir did that fix your issue?

Me: It did not (holding back long line of cuss words as I spoke to him through my teeth and my numerous :wallbash: against our old AMD POS PC)

Verizon: Well sir, we will need to monitor your connection for 24 hours, please leave your connection off and we will get back to your tomorrow afternoon.

Me: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...........ok

Verizon: Thank you for calling verizon and have a nice day:

Next day I get a phone call and the first thing I hear is............

Verizon: So sir it has been 24 hours, and I would like to ask if that fixed the problem.

Me: No.....................no it didn't

Verizon: well sir we will monitor the line for another 48 hours to try and find the problem ................................Is there anything else I can do for you

Me: Nah, you have been great :woo:

..............Hung up the phone and then all your hear from my room is ...........................................

tumblr_l9zmavE0Ec1qa1id2o1_500.jpg