Battlefield 3 Running at 2560x1600 ?

czGLoRy

I have two 6950's in Crossfire, I can run it with everything maxed, with the exception of Deferred AA set to OFF and maintain over 60FPS @ 1920x1200

If I turn on deferred AA performance goes to CENSORED

Edited by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

http://www.thanni.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=4&sort=20a&page=4

This is the best site I have found for electronics here, mostly they are in shops. (~30:1 exchange rate to USD). GTX 580 is about $600 and 590 is about $830

There is a large import duty of about 30% + high shipping costs to order online, so its hard to find a better deal online given that it might cost $50 in shipping and maybe average 15% for customs (50% chance it slips through?). At higher end cards it would be worth importing, but I don't necessarily want to spend that much.

I have never seen a 7850 or 7870 but there was a 7970 for about $900 IIRc.

I have not overclocked my 295, I have never OC any graphics card before, and never needed to as it did not struggle to play any games I had, most dificult one was starcraft 2. It seemed to run fine until it just stopped working all together and crashing my computer, and now it is also running quite hot.

Thanks for the replies, I am checking out that guru page now and it seems like ultra settings are not quite worth it, surprising to me that the games can outperform even the top end graphics cards still. I will keep an eye out for the 7870 or 2 GB 570 (ti ? )

!

Wait so now you're saying the 295 is broken??

Wait so now you're saying the 295 is broken??

Sounds like it just needs cleaned out to me. $10 says it's full of gunk and is overheating because of it. The 4870X2 I bought for $20 because it was "dead" died from dust and gunk on the heatsinks. Of course, I fixed it with the oven trick, but I'm betting he just needs to clean the card out to get it back to 100%.

Sounds like it just needs cleaned out to me. $10 says it's full of gunk and is overheating because of it. The 4870X2 I bought for $20 because it was "dead" died from dust and gunk on the heatsinks. Of course, I fixed it with the oven trick, but I'm betting he just needs to clean the card out to get it back to 100%.

Tell me more of this ... oven magic. I've a big fat shedding cat at home and it's starting to show on my video card's temps. :lol:

295 works fine except when running Starcraft 2, maybe any game, I haven't tried any others. I wouldn't be surprised if its dirty.. air duster is about $20/can here so I haven't cleaned it for a long time :blush:

oven trick? :O

For those that don't know the oven trick is literally that.

Putting your GPU (or whatever) into the oven to heat it up to get the solder to reflow. If you are rich you could even use a reflow oven haha but an ordinary oven will need to be made do with by everyone else.

Here is an easy little guide with some testimonials tacked on - http://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=606658

I don't have an oven but just a gas range, I am heating it up on medium heat and going to cook the graphics card for about 12 minutes and see whats up.

NO! I hope you're just kidding...

:nono:

I don't have an oven but just a gas range, I am heating it up on medium heat and going to cook the graphics card for about 12 minutes and see whats up.

I read the oven thing and here's my advice OP: don't do it. Try to clean the heatsink. Get it off your video card and just clean the gunk off of it. After that clean the thermal paste on the GPU and ram. Reapply thermal paste (I suggest arctic silver 5) and then put the VGA heatsink back.