internet problem

ronbo191

My neighbor has an Acer Aspire 5570Z laptop. She had Vista in it and she hated Vista. I installed Windows 7 in it for her and found all the drivers she needed at the Acer website. When I go to device manager there are no cautions. When the lappy is first turned on and booted it has no internet. Either wireless or hard wired with the cat5 cable. If I reboot it the internet shows up in the wireless or hard wired connection. If she turns the laptop off and starts it up again the next day, there is no internet? If she reboots it one time it will find the internet connection. I have never run into this before. Any suggestions from here will be very much appreciated. This problem is driving me crazy.....thank you. 

Certified Geek...   Spike Soprano......the latest bios is NOT installed. I forgot to do that one. Did not know that would make a difference but I will try it...thank you.

Edited by ronbo191

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Try install the latest mobo chipset driver first and reboot on the computer.

Even there is no cautions marked in the device manager, the mobo chipset driver may not showing any warning message at all.

We have to manually install the chipset driver and must reboot once.

Also install the latest network card driver on the mobo next.

Hope this helps.

Bill

Tech Manager, WPTinc.