water cooling temps?

There is no mention of which is the inlet on the manual which came with the block and in this photo it looks symmetrical http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/383HEMI/Lian%20Li%20A05N/DSCF0091.jpg, however i have to remove the mobo again soon to fit some decoupling kits because the top fans are resonating the case so i will reverse the flow then and see if it helps, the supreme and supremacy are totally different blocks, and in a different price range so the design will be different. i will also be installing a back plate however one isn't required but it will be useful. the block is definitely level but i will check the IHS incase.

There is no mention of which is the inlet on the manual which came with the block and in this photo it looks symmetrical http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/383HEMI/Lian%20Li%20A05N/DSCF0091.jpg, however i have to remove the mobo again soon to fit some decoupling kits because the top fans are resonating the case so i will reverse the flow then and see if it helps, the supreme and supremacy are totally different blocks, and in a different price range so the design will be different. i will also be installing a back plate however one isn't required but it will be useful. the block is definitely level but i will check the IHS incase

As memtioned, there is usually an innie an outtie LOL, Try it and see what shakes out.

There is no mention of which is the inlet on the manual which came with the block and in this photo it looks symmetrical http://i464.photobucket.com/albums/rr4/383HEMI/Lian%20Li%20A05N/DSCF0091.jpg, however i have to remove the mobo again soon to fit some decoupling kits because the top fans are resonating the case so i will reverse the flow then and see if it helps, the supreme and supremacy are totally different blocks, and in a different price range so the design will be different. i will also be installing a back plate however one isn't required but it will be useful. the block is definitely level but i will check the IHS incase.

Most IHS's are bowed, and most modern blocks are bowed as well to compensate. This is why a lot of blocks perform worse on direct die then they do on the IHS, since the die is perfectly flat but the blocks bow so don't make full contact.

Basically, If you lap one, make sure you lap the other.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Bill, that is still an improvement over where you started  :)

I didn't see it anywhere, but what is the ambient air temp in your room and in your case.  Even with water cooling the ambient air temps come into play.

ambient temperature of the room is 13 degrees c and the case temp is 16, also that i5 has almost died, one of the memory channels has broke and it needs 1.3v to stay stable at 3.4ghz so probably a bad chip, got to wait until friday until i can afford a new one =[.

• 2 weeks later...

now have my new chip! its not bad either, got 5ghz @ 1.42 volts although having some problems still with heat although il try some other thermal paste, any recommendations? may just get mx4. Another problem is the vdroop under load, LLC is set to ultra high, as extreme has some nasty spikes and the voltages are all over the place, but the chip idles at 1.44 then when it loads it drops right down to 1.416 minimum. although temps are approaching 100 so if new thermal paste doesn't end up working i will bring it down a bit.

ended up at an O.C of 4.8ghz @ 1.32v which is a lot better, although i do still have one problem and thats when ever i boot windows the multiplier changes back to 50 and i have to change it in turbov evo, i have tried disabling it and uninstalling ai suite but that had no effect.

oh temps under ibt are now at ~80 degrees

Edited by billt79