can i use a Gtx 650 ti boost?

have you guys read the reviews on the op`s power supply?????? the unit is a cheap winpower board re-badged by XIGMATEK. the quality of the heat sinks is terrible , i think that if the unit is running at full load it wont last long and 400w is no where near enough to run a ti650 and the rest of the system with any headroom in the power supply . i highly recommend that you upgrade . A decent 600 watt psu should be enough , and reasonably priced. I personally like ocz and seasonic but any decent brand will be good . dont however go for those cheap high wattage low cost units as they go bad very destructively .

I can highly recommend Rosewill's Medium-high end PSU, their low end aren't much better than anyone elses. Corsair Seasonic, Antec... All great brands.

I prefer Rosewill over Corsair and Seasonic.

Corsair and Seasonic are OK not "great"

I meant they're overrated.

Market leader, yeah sure but it doesn't mean shit in terms of quality.

The only PSU that ever fried on me (with a puff of smoke and it was no more) was a Rosewill.  It was a cheaper version like 500watts and a 1 year warranty.  There is always going to be a lemon or two out there so I don't really hold it against them.  I just know now to pick a good psu with a good warranty, longer than 1 year.  

But 5-7 years of warranty vs 1 year does mean shit in terms of quality. Reviews that come back glowing and recommend those brands too also means shit.

Honestly I feel much safer spending a bit more on something the manufacture appears to have a little more faith in, with longer more inclusive warranties. Not to say the Rosewill is bad but its also not far above generic in my books and definitely not miles ahead or whatever.

Cheap and high quality to me are the PCP&C PSUs.

Just out of curiosity... Why do you want a 650TI Boost when you already have a a 77xx card? Its not so significantly better that I can ideally recommend an upgrade to that. I mean its better sure, but i don't think it's worth it personally.

But I agree your PSU should handle a 650Ti boost, it'll pretty much max out the PSU though.

I can highly recommend Rosewill's Medium-high end PSU, their low end aren't much better than anyone elses. Corsair Seasonic, Antec... All great brands.

I prefer Rosewill over Corsair and Seasonic.

Corsair and Seasonic are OK not "great"

that is the oppsite of what most people would say. Seasonic IS the best PSU company out today, hand down, it doesn't even matter which model. Corsair uses 3 OEMS so you have to looked up reviews to find out which one your buying. AX series is Seasonic if i remeber right.

Edit: I would look up some rosewill reviews and see if you change your mind. Most of them can't even hold a 100% load. Seasonic might be expensive but it pays for itself. A example is the Seasonic X 650 is rated for 650w but in fact you can find some reviews showing it can hold 900watt load without turning off. That is amazing and what other companies should do. Rate it what will last 10 years  @ 100%  650w load rather than 3 years at the high load. The 1000w one I had can hold 1500w before the safety goes. I'm sorry to rant but you picked the wrong brand to say it sucks or is "okay"

Edit 2: Okay i'll stop after this but check up some reviews and look at the line noise. Rosewill doesn't have a very clean line. I use the term drity watts, something you don't want.

Edited by hornybluecow

I feel like people noticed standard things when they pay more for something. I've had coil whine in many psu over the years in different houses. Come to find out it just the house with dirty power. One day I decided to get those "fancy" power strips with line filters and my problem has gone away.

I sold the x650 to my friend and he doesn't have a power strip, yet no coil whine. I just had bad luck over the years. So go out and buy a nice power strip from like trip lite and call it a day.

Edited by hornybluecow

Google "Seasonic coil whine"

cheers

Just humored you and decided to do the same for "Rosewill coil whine"

Rosewill - 34,600 results

and

Seasonic - 15,800 results

Seriously I could search for any brand power supply and find results for people complaining about coil whine, Seasonic is mot alone and nor is Rosewill immune. Also I have no idea why you have come to like Rosewill so much I can't say you would have much experience with any Rosewill products being that they aren't supplied to and distributed throughout Aus. 

I can however say you may have had a poor experience with Seasonic or just want to bash them for costing more. It's funny though how to get quality you need to pay for quality. As HBC said though if you are having issues with coil whine have a look first at the quality and cleanliness of the power being supplied throughout the house. Power strips can help if the power supply is a little dirty but if you are having pretty big issues its best to give the whole house a looking at.

Google "Seasonic coil whine"

cheers

Just humored you and decided to do the same for "Rosewill coil whine"

Rosewill - 34,600 results

and

Seasonic - 15,800 results

Corsair gives 42,900 results

If you have a closer look like you'll notice that only the first FIVE results actually relate to Rosewill. The rest are for similar results i.e coil whine ONLY :rolleyes:

I agree that dirty power can result in coil whine BUT it can also come from shoddy capacitors and coil whine is a bigger issue in both corsair and seasonic products then some people are suggesting. I'd never recommend a Corsair PSU, not even to my enemy.

But 5-7 years of warranty vs 1 year does mean shit in terms of quality. Reviews that come back glowing and recommend those brands too also means shit.

Longer warranty means longer lifespan. :P

And Rosewill have different PSUs, and from the verdict of the reviews, it's kind of on & off brand.

All companies make good & some not-so-good PSUs.