Laptop Screen Backlight type?

Work it out in trade :)

You are older than her - so by default you get to make all the decisions because you are wiser.

I think it's really cool that you're trying to help someone out though - in today's world that seems to be getting fewer and far between. Well good luck to you lad and we wish you the best.

Regards,

Work it out in trade :)

You are older than her - so by default you get to make all the decisions because you are wiser.

Regards,

Your theory only works in a same . situation.... in my experience it works like this, she's female therefore makes all the decisions :P

Thanks for all the help though.

Buying something from an eBay store is basically the same as buying from regular store a lot of the time (just aim for the top rated sellers with lots of feedback).

Everything is stacked in the buyer's favour anyway providing you use Paypal.

It'll save her money in the end, which appears to be the main goal.

Try and convince her you know what you are doing (assuming you do actually know what you are doing :lol:) and if she still wants to spend more ordering a part from somewhere else, then let her do that.

Normally I would agree with you all about the whole just letting it go and not worrying about it, but the reason I offered to repair it in the first place is because 1. It would cost her something like $500 to get it repaired at one of the local repair stores and 2. Her family is poor (not poverty poor) but she has to constantly loan money out to her parents...(note im 17 and she's 16)

If she won't work with you to get you to help her then don't help her.