Good replacement for Turtle Beach Earforce Z2

Savan

My last 3 headsets have been Turtle Beach and I LOVE them, but I just cant take the poor build quality anymore. I had 2 z1's break in the course of a year, so I got a z2 thinking it would have better build quality. It was more comfortable, but I was sadly mistaken. The wires frayed inside the cable, and the earpiece broke off. (I was never rough on it). I RMA'd it but the new one just had the wires fray inside the cable too. I cant take it anymore, I need a new headset that has better build quality. I dont care about fancy features like surround  or USB connectors. I'm looking for one around $50-$100. Any recommendations?

if you have a sound card that can support surround sound, I personally recommend the Roccat Kave headset. They aren't quite amazing at listening to music (for an audiophile) but they sound AMAZING when gaming and from what I am told the mic sounds like I am pod-casting through skype. The build quality is the best from my previous headphone (Logitech G930s). The only real downside I find with them is that they are really big and aren't really portable in the sense of "lets throw this into my backpack and go play halo at starbucks" and the sound bleeds quite a bit so not only you hear it but everyone else around you can hear it past about 60% volume.

I know its not OCC but this is a really good thread for gaming headphones.  It was started 2011 and gets updated quite frequently.  Its nice when someone has more money than you and has used just about all the headphones you would consider and gives their opinion on them.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-2-18-13-audeze-lcd-2-added

Looks like my headphones are great for gaming too, guess I will just have to give them a try sometime. :tongue: