[PC] Defense Grid

Crazy_Nate

There is an update:

• Support for DLC is enabled. Check out the new FREE DLC pack, Borderlands! Four challenging levels new to Steam players.
  • Upgraded leaderboard performance - Defense Grid now uses the official Steam leaderboards. Unfortunately, this change resets all existing leaderboard entries, but the good news is that all of the leaderboards are wide open and waiting for your high scores to post. Defend the cores and show others how good you are.
  • Corrected a bug in which Cannon towers would sometimes fire twice as often when using fast forward.
  • Fixed an issue in which AI audio would still play even if the Voice Over volume was turned all the way down.
  • Fixed an issue that prevented the Voice Over volume slider from responding to mouse input.
  • The Achievements button on the Main Menu will now take the user directly to their stats and achievements page for Defense Grid.

Downloading ATM.

:)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought it for $5 and it is pretty good. I got stuck on mission 6 (focal point ?) and haven't touched it sine. That one mission got me so angry that I won't be going back to it for a little while.

This.

Any tips? O.o I'm befuddled.

When the going gets rough, just hit backspace!

Seriously, it'll help ya rethink / plan ahead. Sometimes you might need two to get back to a time where you can compensate for upcoming waves.

If you're having trouble with lots of little aliens, put down towers that affect areas. Single aliens, strong towers with slower rate of fire. Etc, etc. Use the towers to your advantage.

I've only lost one level...I think I walked off and my cores disappeared :P

When the going gets rough, just hit backspace!

Seriously, it'll help ya rethink / plan ahead. Sometimes you might need two to get back to a time where you can compensate for upcoming waves.

If you're having trouble with lots of little aliens, put down towers that affect areas. Single aliens, strong towers with slower rate of fire. Etc, etc. Use the towers to your advantage.

I've only lost one level...I think I walked off and my cores disappeared :P

I'll keep this in mind and post my rage here if it fails :D

EDIT: Managed to beat the level with 6 power cores left. Woah. That was intense O.o

Edited by Danrik

• 2 months later...

Bump!

Anybody try out the new DLCs? They're only $1 each (4 of them). They'll unlock one by one. I'm probably going to buy it soon...

You guys should steam friend me - we need to get some more people on my friend leaderboards :)

Bump!

Anybody try out the new DLCs? They're only $1 each (4 of them). They'll unlock one by one. I'm probably going to buy it soon...

You guys should steam friend me - we need to get some more people on my friend leaderboards :)

The second one on the first pack was interesting...

• 3 weeks later...

Bought the Resurgence add-on a short while ago on Steam.

Anybody completed the Roundabout level?

If you have you're a b**tard and I hate you! It's really doing my head in! :lol:

Bought the Resurgence add-on a short while ago on Steam.

Anybody completed the Roundabout level?

If you have you're a b**tard and I hate you! It's really doing my head in! :lol:

I can't remember which one it is...but there's one that took me over an hour to work out. I just keep hitting backspace until something starts working well.

Some of these new ones are really rough. I just wish that some had grinder or super grinder options :thumbsup:

• 2 years later...

Necroing this topic to let DG fans know of the DG2 Kickstarter campaign that just launched! The first tier ($250k goal) is actually an 8-level expansion pack for the original game. You may have also noticed some free updates to the original game - I haven't check it out yet, but apparently there are in-game contests to win prizes...I think you just complete a particular challenge an you get an entry into the giveaway, but not positive.