Adware/spyware Removal

Kamikaze_Badger

well the only reason i use norton's is for the auto protect...so it can stop things from happening on the fly. I rarely scan because it takes 45 freakin mins. How long does a typical AVG scan take? PS, by "turn it off", do you mean click on "disable auto protect", or do i have to actually go into the task manager and end it all?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

End it all for best results, but I wouldn't be the one to know. And don't complain about 40 minutes for a v-scan to complete. Takes more like 2 hours on our computer with McAfee. And AVG... little less than McAfee, but we have 100 gigs of crap on this computer.

• 4 weeks later...

i am new here but i thought that in should add some other things that help with spy ware stuff.............

Ad-aware vx2 cleaner plugin for ad-aware

CCleaner----------crap cleaner

CWSearch-------cool web search remover

About:buster-----about blank remover

HRSremove--------Only the Best

McAfee AVERT stinger

and of course

spyware Blaster--------prevents spyware from loading on your computer

everthing is free to download and to use ( i use this stuff myself )

let me know if you want the links and i will post them

Edited by san pedro

AVERT should be on there, as well as on my Usefull Links/Applications threads. And also, it's CWShredder if you're referring to the tool to remove CoolWebSearch trojans. And I'm unfairly biased against all McAfee products based on limited experience with them... so don't bug me about them. All the other things I have yet to hear of. I'll try to get a serious update to my Usefull Links/Applications thread during x-mas break. Otherwise, thanks for the advice. They'll be on my huge . list of things to do.

Huh? Mind me asking where your thread is? I'm having trouble finding it...

And I'll update the UL/A thread this x-mas vacation with more apps and links. And, if D3 will let me, I hope to get up a Usefull Links and Applications v2 thread sometime before New Years.