Super Tower From Thermaltake Reviewed

razor

Is there sufficient room for the newer, extra long video cards? (Such as the 4870) It appears to me that if the card were low enough placement in the system it could fit but otherwise like most video card placements are higher up and would not work. (Due to the fact that the lower drive compartment, not the upper compartment would be removed)

Guest ajmatson

They will fit just fine. This is a full tower case so there is more room than the standard mid-tower design. Also the newer cards (most of them) have the power connections on the side to prevent tangling or interference.

Looks like they've got a similar type mesh on the top of the chassis...aka the dust bunny collector...

When will they figure out that the fan at the top and the PSU fan will suck in air from there? (sorry...just a peeve that I have with my Armor case as well).

The removable motherboard tray looks good. Or, shall we say...it's about time they stepped up. ;)

Is it as heavy as the Armor's are? TT needs to make some aluminum chassis'...my rig is like 60 lbs, easy!

Looks like they've got a similar type mesh on the top of the chassis...aka the dust bunny collector...

When will they figure out that the fan at the top and the PSU fan will suck in air from there? (sorry...just a peeve that I have with my Armor case as well).

The removable motherboard tray looks good. Or, shall we say...it's about time they stepped up. ;)

Is it as heavy as the Armor's are? TT needs to make some aluminum chassis'...my rig is like 60 lbs, easy!

The mesh at the top + 120mm fan = either bring air in, or pull air out. It's better than my CM Stacker (80mm on top) for sure, but overall, it's about the same as my CM Stacker in terms of performance. The Stacker wins in a few areas, mostly the fact a Stacker has wheels and is MUCH more customizable (ie I can get aftermarket *DangerDen* dual-120mm radiator setup in my Stacker nad there's really no way to get it into this TT without some serious cutting/chopping).

Weight = this mother%^@#$# is steel and is very heavy...and with no wheels, it's not meant to be moved. My solution = put an old bookshelf under it and then slide it around the room on the carpet because once it is full of hardware, there's no way in hell one person is going to move it. It's not so heavy one person can't lift it, but it is huge and awkward to where one person lifting it is a bad idea.

Is there sufficient room for the newer, extra long video cards? (Such as the 4870) It appears to me that if the card were low enough placement in the system it could fit but otherwise like most video card placements are higher up and would not work. (Due to the fact that the lower drive compartment, not the upper compartment would be removed)

Yep, like a CM Stacker, this thing is huge, and has enough space to house even the longest current market cards like 9800GX2, 4870, GTX280, whatever. It won't matter where you install the card. The Asus M3N-HT Deluxe board I started with (hates Phenom X4 so had to swap it) has 3x PCI-E slots for the vid cards (tri-SLI) and I tried the vid card in all 3 slots in this case before swapping the board out...and no hassles no matter where I put it.