i7 2600K on ASUS Maximus IV Extreme-Z OC Issue

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, good air cooling gets over 5GHz....... Waco....... think about it........ H100 will get any 2600K over 5GHz. Do you have a 2600K?

:lol: Even the best air cooling won't keep them at safe temperatures under 100% load. And yes, I do have a 2600K at 5 GHz. Even with my full water setup temps get awful close to the 73 C mark under real full load.

BluePanda has an H100 and it breaks into the unsafe range even at 4.5 GHz with relatively low voltage.

Perhaps you guys don't do the same kind of stress/stability testing that we do.

:lol: Even the best air cooling won't keep them at safe temperatures under 100% load. And yes, I do have a 2600K at 5 GHz. Even with my full water setup temps get awful close to the 73 C mark under real full load.

BluePanda has an H100 and it breaks into the unsafe range even at 4.5 GHz with relatively low voltage.

Perhaps you guys don't do the same kind of stress/stability testing that we do.

It's amazing how little credit you are been given lately :lol:

Let's make a clear distinction here. Everyone's aversion (and ability to pay for broken parts) is different. I know there are a lot of 2K processors that will hit 5.0Ghz and higher clocks. I'm just saying that the majority of users can't or won't hit 5.0Ghz for 24/7 operation with decent temps and reasonable voltages.

And to tell rookie clockers anything different really gives them unreasonable asspirations and puts them at risk for tearing something up.

I am not a rookie overclocker but I was getting your advices on this cpu + Mobo combo. I really don't mind keeping an OC of 4.8Ghz 24/7 as with my case's airflow and H100 Configuration it will run cool.

Guys I don't know if my CPU is really one of the worst I've seen but anything lower than 1.4250VCore cannot even get it 100% stable on Prime95 Small FFTs for more than 30 minutes and anything under 1.4200VCore will get it to BSOD.

Any clue anyone and I know plenty of people running 5Ghz at 1.4VCore 100% stable under Prime95

Thank you guys

at 4.8Ghz my CPU Idles at 26 Degrees and full load it's like 48 with my H100 modded with extreme performance fans.

When I tried 5Ghz with 1.5VCore the 8th worker stopped with an error after 30 minutes.

Do you think I should try 1.51VCore Waco?

Personally I have mine there...but the degredation of the chip at such volts is an unknown quantity.

If you can get 4.8 at 1.425 I'd keep it there to be honest. 200 MHz isn't really worth that spike in voltage. My chip is weird and needs 1.425 for just 4.5 GHz. :lol: