maybe i should make a new build?

WarWeeny

so i get my vacation money somewhere half june and i can keep at least e400 of it, 

asuming i can get E500 for my pc (which i think is a REALLY  lowprice for this pc) here is my question:

my rig is the one in my signature and i am doubting about 2 things:

1 should i sell this rig and build a new pc from scratch, 

2 should i keep this rig, and buy a 7970/gtx 680 (or gtx770 if they are available and release at the time)

for some reason i think my processor is going to get a bit lacking in power when the next-gen engines arrive and i dont want to have my processor bottlenecking me.

IF i would go for a new pc build this is what i had in mind:

coolermaster k-380 (E36)

amd fx 8320 black edition (E144)

motherboard of E70~ (what board DO i need for this chip anyway :S am3+ or fm2?)

coolermaster hyper 212 (E26)

crosair xms3 ddr3, 1600-8gb kit (E60)

amd 7970 vapor x (E389) OR gtx 770 (E400 if released ofcourse)

ocz modxstream pro - 700w (E80)

western digital green 2tb (E85)

samsung dvd drive (E20)

total: amd: E910, nvidia E920

would this be a build that would be quite faster then what i have or is it not worth my money and i better just buy the 7970 instead?

Edited by WarWeeny

I think that i5 at @4GHz should be fine. I would upgrade your GPU. IMHO if you upgrade your GPU and don't notice a difference, that's how you know when it's time to upgrade your CPU.

IMHO if you upgrade your GPU and don't notice a difference, that's how you know when it's time to upgrade your CPU.

true enough but what if the next-gen games need alot of cpu power?

then maybe my i5 isnt enough, that is what worries me.

not that my i5 would hold back the 7970 :P

I don't think we can go around making suggestions as to what next-gen games will need. At this stage, we have very little information as to what they will require. I personally feel games will become more GPU intensive, and require larger amounts of VRAM, but we can all make suggestions.

If I were you, I would keep your current rig and buy a HD7970 or GTX770, and if it does turn out that you will need more CPU power, you can upgrade then. Chances are (in my opinion) you should be fine with your current processor for at least a year.

Keep your rig as it is and if it currently does everything you need then change nothing. (The GTX480 is still a capable card).

What resolution is your monitor?

1920 x 1080 - farcry 3 and crysis 3 are basically the only games where i must lower some settings to get decent frames and i dont wanna lower my settings that is not why i went in the pc world xP

although crysis 3 is a piece of garbage anyway xD

and no i dont go for the 7950 because its awsome for the resolution :P

seeing at the reeactions i am leaning towards keeping my pc and get the gtx 680/770 or an amd 7970

actually hoping tha the 680 would drasticaly drop in prices (2nd hand market) so i can snatch one up for 250~ :P

Edited by WarWeeny