Wolfenstein: The New Order

DanTheGamer11

:lol:

Never got into rage, I played the demo and was bored(+ got headache lol). Reviews will be out soon, hopefully the higher difficulties aren't like that, or there's a day one patch, it's a shame anyways.

I played RAGE just after release. The texture pop-in was horrible and it ruined the experience, so after an hour I left it.

About a week ago I decided to try it out again. I modded it to run with 16K textures and it is amazing ! :) Feels a lot like Borderlands 2 (with more "fetch" quests and less action)

The pop-in was pretty much taken care of a week after release. Severely underrated game!

If you plan on downloading it, expect a download of around 40Gb. If you plan on getting a retail 4-disc copy, then you still have to download 11.6Gb of content after installing the 4 discs.

I have had an hour to play and get a feel of it. 43.6Gb total space taken on my HDD.

It is really fun. The graphics are quite good. Not as much texture pop-in as RAGE, didn't even notice it until about 45 minutes into the game. Weapons are nice to fire too. 
It sucks that the maximum ammo I can carry for my favorite gun is only 230 rounds (especially noticeable when dual wielding) and you have to keep pressing the "Pickup" button to pick up ammo, armor and health.

Performance is decent too, 60 FPS on maximum settings is easy on a GTX780Ti and it's not even using the GPU 100% with Vsync on. 
Very VRAM intensive though - used nearly all my 3Gb on maxed settings 1080p. Used just over 6Gb of RAM too.

Really enjoying it so far :) But I'm more excited for Watch Dogs, I think that will set a new level for epicness :)

If you plan on downloading it, expect a download of around 40Gb. If you plan on getting a retail 4-disc copy, then you still have to download 11.6Gb of content after installing the 4 discs.

I have had an hour to play and get a feel of it. 43.6Gb total space taken on my HDD.

It is really fun. The graphics are quite good. Not as much texture pop-in as RAGE, didn't even notice it until about 45 minutes into the game. Weapons are nice to fire too. 

It sucks that the maximum ammo I can carry for my favorite gun is only 230 rounds (especially noticeable when dual wielding) and you have to keep pressing the "Pickup" button to pick up ammo, armor and health.

Performance is decent too, 60 FPS on maximum settings is easy on a GTX780Ti and it's not even using the GPU 100% with Vsync on. 

Very VRAM intensive though - used nearly all my 3Gb on maxed settings 1080p. Used just over 6Gb of RAM too.

Really enjoying it so far :) But I'm more excited for Watch Dogs, I think that will set a new level for epicness :)

60fps....gtx 780TI....YEAH like we didn't saw that one comming! :teehee:

• 9 months later...

It's been awhile but I believe so, since I got it that first day and definitely played it past the time Steam would have applied the update automatically. The last time I played it was June 22, and I remember the pop-in still being there then, but patches and driver updates could have done a lot since then.