New OCC Donation Tier System

IVIYTH0S

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I am not shutting that off. Its a pita for coding. Anytime we update it will break just not worth it for to have that done. Sorry.

Doesn't seem that hard. Especially with forum groups. I'm not sure how the Database is set up or how Donation Tier is assigned.

But if it is how I'm thinking, you can just have a script access the table with the donation list. If they have donator status, don't show ads.

Doesn't seem that hard. Especially with forum groups. I'm not sure how the Database is set up or how Donation Tier is assigned.

But if it is how I'm thinking, you can just have a script access the table with the donation list. If they have donator status, don't show ads.

More work is more work. :P

I'm liking them!

What's this mean btw? "Special Discounted OCC Hardware sales, with first right of purchase."

Basically it means anytime we upgrade, or reviewers unloading stuff they will offer it to you cheaper then what they would in the public forum. For example, Frank would normally sell a board for say $225 but he could offer it to a premium member for say $175. Anyone in the high Tiers would have first dibs before the rest of the forum members found out. Kinda of a example I could come up with.

It may not sound hard but we don't just own OCC. I am trying to keep things as simple as possible. For all the upgrades we do, 3 hours here and 3 hours there, or even an hour here in there a few times a month that add's up fast.

Basically it means anytime we upgrade, or reviewers unloading stuff they will offer it to you cheaper then what they would in the public forum. For example, Frank would normally sell a board for say $225 but he could offer it to a premium member for say $175. Anyone in the high Tiers would have first dibs before the rest of the forum members found out. Kinda of a example I could come up with.

Sweet! I assume the private contests would be something similar? Unloading review gear or something to members in the high tiers?

I'm liking the way this is going. :)

"Special contests" for donators best be Bosco sponsored. :P

Either way, I definitely want to donate now. XD

Also, if I donate 60 can I get a green star instead? ;P

Edited by Locutus