Circuit City To Close It's Doors

airman

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why are they just now announcing this? The Circuit City where I live started liquidating 3 months ago. :wacko:

This is for the remaining stores. They tried to shut down a bunch, and stay afloat... but the turd is finally sinking.

If their local store here is any model of how all the other stores run they did it to themselves and are not a victim of "the current economic situation". I swore off CC a long time ago, the outrageous prices and don't give a s% employees did them in for me.

Edited by troy5061

My Lead Tech and the guy who replaced me a month ago are jobless as of tomorrow, as well. It's a sad day. :closedeyes:

/me raises hand as guy who replaced Lo (Though I had been with CCity for a while before) For some of us this just means we need to find new jobs while finishing up college (me) but for ones like our lead tech this is not only how he pays the bills but all he has atm (Not like he can even late register for some new classes now).

Worse yet our PFT Supervisor's husband is the Lead Tech at another local store so they BOTH get hit. Obviously a bad day for most.

As for he associates, they vary a lot by location and we thankfully got complements from most customers about the service most of us offered, however during the holiday season the nearby locations that we heard daily complaints about were the ones with items in stock.

Why didnt they just fly to Washington in a company jet and ask for a bailout.... SNEMOTICON13.gif

Haha,

My fondest CC moment was when I was looking for a cable modem and asked a salesman where one was and they brought me a telephone modem card.

CC along with BB are only good for viewing LCD HDTV's so I could get a good idea which one to buy online. :glare: