GeForce GT 240 Graphics Card from Palit Tested

Nemo

You left out that GT240 don't need external power from powersupply and it uses PhysX while the 9600 need external power plus PhysX.

it's 40nm of course it should take less power :P, not more money. I don't get your physx comment. 8600's can run physx

What you expect everything to be given to you at the same price as old cards ivy? That's not the business world works. ;)

whether you like it or not these cards are new, with different hardware (mainly the 40nm) no one would set the price, especially at launch date to an old 8600 card.

Edited by damian

What you expect everything to be given to you at the same price as old cards ivy? That's not the business world works. ;)

whether you like it or not these cards are new, with different hardware (mainly the 40nm) no one would set the price, especially at launch date to an old 8600 card.

And a lowered memory bus (though I guess this doesn't matter as much since it's gddr5), contrary to the added memory amount ;) Gotta make dem profits son :lol:

We must ask ourselves...will this gpu ever be strong enough that it'd run settings high enough for 1GB to be necessary. If a 4850 can't...I'll let you find the answer :)

This is looks to be a folding card, made more efficient, but with a green tax thrown onto it IMHO.

And last but not least good review coke, but I need not state the obvious :)

Edited by IVIYTH0S

This is looks to be a folding card, made more efficient, but with a green tax thrown onto it IMHO.

And last but not least good review coke, but I need not state the obvious :)

Should fold real good, I haven't had a chance to yet. Not coke, commandorp' :thumbs-up:

until a vmod is figured though the low shader clock will hinder folding capability <_<

Should fold real good, I haven't had a chance to yet. Not coke, commandorp' :thumbs-up:

until a vmod is figured though the low shader clock will hinder folding capability <_<

DOH!!! I'm sorry, I was thinking about the OCZ memory :(.

Double credit to you RHK!! I feel like such a turd now.

Wouldn't a vmod be irrelevant though since the card can only get power from the PCI-E Slot??

Edited by IVIYTH0S

DOH!!! I'm sorry, I was thinking about the OCZ memory :(.

Double credit to you RHK!! I feel like such a turd now.

Wouldn't a vmod be irrelevant though since the card can only get power from the PCI-E Slot??

Eh don't worry about it :lol: just felt like chiming in - I like to comment on reviews I do

there are ways to add power to the slot/card - just not always practical :P

also some motherboards have auxilary power inputs at the pcie slot to help with power and pcie 2.0 can handle up to 150w afaik. and DFI (and most likely other manufacturers - just too tired to think of examples... Abit use to I think) have allowed increasing wattage since at least socket 939 in bios.

Eh don't worry about it :lol: just felt like chiming in - I like to comment on reviews I do

there are ways to add power to the slot/card - just not always practical :P

also some motherboards have auxilary power inputs at the pcie slot to help with power and pcie 2.0 can handle up to 150w afaik. and DFI (and most likely other manufacturers - just too tired to think of examples... Abit use to I think) have allowed increasing wattage since at least socket 939 in bios.

Double Doh!!! I was thinking of the wattage output of a PCI-E 1.0 slot. All this hw I'm doing has melted my brain haha. I guess there is some headroom left yet.