Ahhhh... rich people

Andrewr05

One of my customers has a 60" Vizio HDTV that they're giving to me, they rushed out and bought a new on when their other one broke.

Apparantly only the HDMI ports don't work, but surely that's fixable and if not?

Then I still have a free 60" TV.

I'll get some pics up on Thursday when I go to pick it up, I can't fit it in the truck today.

I think you can find replacement input circuit board for $20-50 (they seem easily swap-able connected by wires that you can unplug). Which isn't too bad considering you already got the HDTV for free. Not so sure about replacing just the broken HDMI port.

Or you can just use a HDMI switcher to use on one of the working HDMI ports.

Edited by AZNguyen

One of my customers has a 60" Vizio HDTV that they're giving to me, they rushed out and bought a new on when their other one broke.

Apparantly only the HDMI ports don't work, but surely that's fixable and if not?

Then I still have a free 60" TV.

I'll get some pics up on Thursday when I go to pick it up, I can't fit it in the truck today.

Most of the time (at least in my experience), it isn't out of pure laziness that wealthier people do that. Instead of having to get it fixed and everything, they'll donate the working TV to someone who'd like it and is willing to get it fixed. For example, my fiancee's parents get rid of their cars after they only have 60-70k miles on them (or when they have a small issue). Instead of trading them in and getting a new one, or getting them fixed, they give it away to a family member or family friend or total stranger who needs it. 

But yeah, free TV, nice score dude. 

Edited by Onion

For example, my fiancee's parents get rid of their cars after they only have 60-70k miles on them (or when they have a small issue). Instead of trading them in and getting a new one, or getting them fixed, they give it away to a family member or family friend or total stranger who needs it.

I guess I have the wrong family, neighbors and friends. :tongue:

So yeah, see thread title.

I think you can find replacement input circuit board for $20-50 (they seem easily swap-able connected by wires that you can unplug). Which isn't too bad considering you already got the HDTV for free. Not so sure about replacing just the broken HDMI port.

Or you can just use a HDMI switcher to use on one of the working HDMI ports.

I've not tried it out at all myself, but he assures me everything works except the HDMI. Wether that means all of them or one of them I don't know.

Would be pretty awesome if it were definitely a cheap fix.

:thumbsup:

For example, my fiancee's parents get rid of their cars after they only have 60-70k miles on them (or when they have a small issue). Instead the of trading them in and getting a new one, or getting them fixed, they give it away to a family member or family friend or total stranger who needs it.

I guess I have the wrong family, neighbors and friends. :tongue:

So yeah, see thread title.

Depends on your area. :lol: Where we're from, it's quite common. Once, a family friend donated basically everything in his house to my family when he decided to move back to France.

Sweet deal on the free tv for sure, but I honestly have never met a rich person that would allow a Visio tv in their house lol.

You strike a good point, but maybe the price at the the time was too good to pass up?

Or perhaps they didn't know any better?

Perhaps not this person specifically, but the phrase "More money than brains" comes to mind though that is more often used towards someone buying a 'prestige priced' item or service.