Vetting my new 1155 build ($1000 budget)

Traft00

DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!

RETURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!

The link I gave you had the 650D on sale for 130 after rebate!!!!!!! Why would you shop newegg when you have the sale available to you????????

Oh no no. That isn't me being like angry and aggressive. That is me being urgent. I am well aware he can do what he wants. But 50 bucks extra in his pocket???? I don't get why someone would pass that up.

So I just placed the rest of my order and here is the final build:

Intel i5 2500k - found it at micro center for $179.00

Cooler Master V8 CPU fan - from newegg $49.99

ASRock z68 Extreme 3 Gen 3 - from newegg $124.99

G.SKILL Sniper Low Voltage Series 8GB - $46.99

Asus 6850 video card - from newegg $159.99

Corsair 650D case - from newegg $179.00 after $10 mail in rebate

Windows 7 pro 64 bit OEM - from newegg $139.99

Microsoft SIDEWINDER X4 Keyboard -from newegg $47.99

SAMSUNG S24A350H ToC Rose Black 24" 2ms Full HD HDMI LED BackLight LCD Monitor - from newegg $199.99

Total: $1276.93 before the ~$60 in mail in rebates. I easily could have hit 1K targe if I purchased a cheaper case (yes, I missed the $50 cheaper version - oops) and didn't also purchase a monitor to go with the system.

I decided to buy another 6850 and crossfire it with my existing 6850 instead of buying a new 6950. My line of reasoning here is that I'll eventually be able to give them to my wife and for now I'll hold our for the 7000 series. By doing this I saved myself about $100. I also went with the G.Skill sniper memory as I thought it looked cooler than the mushken although I still really appreciate the memory recommendation I was given earlier, it ended up influencing my decision and saved me some money. Lastly, I ditched the SSD for right now. I have a 1TB western digital laying around and a 60 GB OCZ SSD in another system that I think I will rob. I'm going to try out the new intel smart response technology that is built into the z68 northbridge on this system to see how it works.

With the savings I was able to throw in a new keyboard and monitor. I feel like this is going to be a very nice upgrade over my current i3 box. I'll post some pics once I get it all together.

Thank you all for your help!

Edited by Traft00

• 4 weeks later...

I thought I should follow up and show you all a few pics of the finished product.

One thing that changed shortly after I bought this build was the ram. I would up giving my 8 GB's or Gskill to my brother and picked up 16 GB of the Corsair Vengence because I thought it looked cooler. Enjoy!

AZeCn.jpg

svMJ2.jpg

i9nUU.jpg

pleNa.jpg

Mb0q9.jpg

CnA6w.jpg

Also, I have started to overclock the machine a bit. If you want to take a look at how it's going here's a link to the thread: My link