Power Cycling Gigabyte Z68 Board

try everything. different PSU and video card.

I have no video card installed, the motherboard is in a barebones state so just the board CPU, RAM, PSU.

The board has been tested with 2 known, working PSUs

i have ga-ep45-ud3r that does this everytime i remove something or add something to the system. to fix the problem i have to remove all but one stick of ram, boot to windows, shut it down and re-install the other sticks then its fine.  

The Z68 boards with integrated clock generators are no fun to play with any way,.. aside from the issues with the cpu socket pins,.. the board will not post in a bare bones state with good PSU.

You have tried extended clear of the CMOS, checked for shorts by removing from case/tray and attempt boot on bench, changed keyboards try Ps2 type, run with only single stick ram,.. then you are quickly running out of options and the boot loop could be caused by a CPU not being supported by BIOS or faulty CPU,.. something else you can try that worked for me in the past,.. disconnect all SATA devices and attempt to start,.. when system goes into loop let it run and hopefully within 1- hr. you will get a black screen with message saying that a boot device could not be found,.. then Ctl-Alt-Del and system should restart to logo screen select End for Q-Flash, use USB to flash BIOS to latest version.

You may also consider a new Z77 board,.. you would have a stable platform to up grade i5-2320 chip down the road,.. better VRM cooling and more USB-3.0,..  

Edited by Braegnok