Computer always crashes while gaming

I look forward to finding out what is causing your crashes.  Is it possible there is a problem with the gpu. Yes I know about the stress test you ran but that isnt the same as real world. Maybe change the Stress to something more like a real game. FFXIV or HawX 2 something along those lines. Next thing I would run is a Memory and CPU diagnostic test. Stability test are not the same as a diagnostic test. Find something that doesnt run in windows like MRI or PC_Check. Both of these will diag your entire system. Chipset, cpu, memory, hdd ect.

Good luck. Hope you figure it out soon.

• Like 1

Next thing I would run is a Memory and CPU diagnostic test. Stability test are not the same as a diagnostic test. Find something that doesnt run in windows like MRI or PC_Check. Both of these will diag your entire system. Chipset, cpu, memory, hdd ect.

Think he already done memtest 3 times but +1 for pc-check.

Sorry guys for the lax in response. ive been dealing with my mom and the hospital.

I get no BSOD. screen goes black then reboots. No, I do not have any error messages or alerts prior to crash. it just randomly does it.

I haven't messed with ram voltages, Its still on whatever the default is 1.6 something I do believe.

I have just re-installed Windows ( Its windows 7 Ultimate x64, sorry i left that out) and to the ones that asked. No I never OC till all my programs are installed and settings adjusted the way I like it. I don't OC until everything is done. I see what some of you said about using a more real-world test like Hawx 2 ect instead of Furmak. But wouldn't 3Dmark11 do just that?

Edited by DnaAngel

Ive been playing various games for the last few hours..not a hitch or a crash thus far "Knocks on wood". oddly enough a re-format and re-installation of windows seems to of fixed the issue( even though last install was only days old).......so far

If anything happens ill bump this thread with an update, in the mean time Thank you to all that inputted on this problem!

Edited by DnaAngel

Ive been playing various games for the last few hours..not a hitch or a crash thus far "Knocks on wood". oddly enough a re-format and re-installation of windows seems to of fixed the issue( even though last install was only days old).......so far

If anything happens ill bump this thread with an update, in the mean time Thank you to all that inputted on this problem!

HA! WarWeeny strikes again, and people tought i was crazy xP

showed them! xD

Edited by WarWeeny

HA! WarWeeny strikes again, and people tought i was crazy xP

showed them! xD

Credit where its due. :thumbsup:

But it doesn't always turn out that way though ;p