Radeon HD5570: The Saga Continues

Yaayz no blame on AMD's perfect processor woot.gif

If I find AMD's 'perfect processor' is causing any of the issues I'll be sending AMD an invoice for the cost of 1x HD5450, 2x HD5570, 2x4GB RAM, AND the processor.

Surprisingly, reinstalling the latest version of Catalyst today resolved the 'driver' issue (Although it decided not to yesterday)...just hit 63.5C and the tin can's at 22% fan now

Wired.

Then was it a case of broken (bricked) driver? :dunno:

Keep us updated about the issue.

Wired.

Then was it a case of broken (bricked) driver? :dunno:

Keep us updated about the issue.

I'm not sure. I just did a clean install again just in case but nothing changed

I suspected a GPU memory issue at first, ran a memory stress test with 0 errors, now I'm monitoring GPU-Z to check for anything strange before crashes, so far nothing...

Edited by EuroFight

They'll only pay for everything except the processor, iz perfect biggrin.gif

It's okay, it's not like I've overclocked it that explicitly voids the warranty out anything :blush:

Edited by EuroFight

^^ Using any overclockable part without overclocking is boring!

And nowadays most of the companies accept RMA of components, damaged during overclocking.

Yeah I know what you're saying, they even supply the black edition as standard so it's kinda tempting...

• 1 month later...

Found the resolution, which Dan will be pleased to know had nothing to do with AMD woo.gif

The issue was that the el cheapo PSU I had in my system was not providing clean power to the motherboard, which, being surge protected, cut off power to the system momentarily, causing black screens and BSODs. This has killed 2 GPUs and damaged the processor, and the replacement PSU will take atleast a week to get here, so until then, no gaming for me cry.gif.

So a word of warning to all you budget PC builders, when you're building a budget rig, for gods sake, get a good PSU! cheers.gif

Replacement PSU? Then I guess you mean bad PSU 'unit', right? :unsure:

Anyway, I'm glad that you have sorted out your problem.

Yeah the power supply unit was unable to provide stable power at above around 200W power draw, so the motherboard cut off the surges coming from the PSU, causing the components to be starved of power and to crash. Should have been obvious but hey, at least it's sorted now (or should be when I get my new PSU biggrin.gif).

Replacement PSU? Then I guess you mean bad PSU 'unit', right? :unsure:

Anyway, I'm glad that you have sorted out your problem.

PSU unit is a bit redundant. :P

Good clean power is always a must -- never skimp on the PSU. :cheers: