Pc restarts? Ram OC issue to 1600MHz

I have a Corsair vengeance 2x4gb DDR 1600, when i built my PC everything ran smooth but when i checked into bios and saw that my RAM was running 1333MHz. I changed it to 1600MHz by DRAM E.O.C.P{manual} to 1600MHz and aswell i changed my DRAM configuration to 2T 9-9-9-24. Now when i boot into windows and everything loads up after 3-5mintues my PC restarts.So i went into bios and changed the CPU NB VID control to +0.325 and my NB voltage control to 1.15, everything works fine but when i put it under stress using prime 95 it restarts again after 7-10mnutes. Should i up the cpu and nb voltage some more or?

my rig-

-gigabyte 990fxa-ud3

-amd fx 6350

-corsair veng 2x4

-amd radeon hd 7850

post-112790-0-08149800-1374682863_thumb.jpgpost-112790-0-66139700-1374682876_thumb.jpgpost-112790-0-26437800-1374682893_thumb.jpg

Edited by bidmoon

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are ok on the NB Voltage up to 1.20v - but I personally wouldn't go over that, and you shouldn't need to go over that just to run memory at 1600Mhz.

Your CPU NB VID is getting close to the max of 1.550v

Are you overclocking the CPU at all?

What is your DRAM voltage?

Aren't most of the Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600Mhz kits spec'd to run at 1.5v (except for the low voltage 1.35v kits)?

If you have a 1.5v kit of memory running at default frequency and timings - I don't see any reason to overvolt the DRAM from the get go.

Your BIOS screen shot shows the DRAM Voltage at 1.605v

If this were my rig I'd set both the CPU NB Voltage and NB Voltage back to Auto

Assuming that you have a 1.5v kit of memory, set the voltage back to 1.50 - 1.52v max

Reboot and run Memtest 86+ for an extended period (6-8 hours)

If Memtest passes, then we can move on to other tweaks to try and get your system stable.

Are you running the latest BIOS release for your motherboard?  If not, you might consider flashing to the latest official release and start this whole project from scratch default BIOS settings.

By the way.  Welcome to the OCC Forums  :)

Some platforms can be sensitive to un-necessary over volting.  Hence my recommendation to make sure your BIOS is the latest revision and then starting with everything on Auto, with the exception of manually setting your correct memory frequency, timings and DRAM voltage.

Then if needed we can start incrementally increasing your CPU NB Voltage and NB Voltage to find the sweet spot.

What BIOS revision are you currently running?