Cool tool and a plumbing problem

red1776

I had been meaning to share this nifty tool I bought with the group, especially for those of you that are system builders. I got a rather unpleasant reminder last night to do so.

Last night my build started acting strange. about every other restart the idle temps would jump about 25c. I figured I had an air bubble break loose and after every trick in the book, I turned to the radiators as the possible cause.

I broke out my Snap on BK 5500 Visual Inspection device to have a look. So at the risk of ridicule, and various smart *** remarks :P

the BK5500 is designed for inspecting inside small spaces. It's probably the best investment tool-wise I think i have made.

post-73619-0-76077400-1330234346_thumb.jpg

Inside the rad tank, so far so good.

post-73619-0-82877100-1330234490_thumb.jpg

Another look at the cooling channels

post-73619-0-23504400-1330234539_thumb.jpg

It has a 90 degree adapter, this shot is actually taken from the inside of the radiator looking out ( that's a light fixture on the ceiling)

post-73619-0-02789800-1330234602_thumb.jpg

Guess what the blue thing is? that is a inlet/outlet plug they package it with, and it blocks the flow rather well. I went back to the box it shipped in and I had the correct number of them, so it apparently got pushed in at the factory.

This thing gets extremely close and holds focus. I have found damaged pins, burned DIMMs, small cracks in PCB's etc. If you build systems, you might want to check it out.

post-73619-0-29643000-1330234454_thumb.jpg

It costs a fair insane amount of money but yes it does its job.

Didn't you have another thread up about it? One with pics of the pins of a CPU.

Did I?

Oh well, pay no mind, I'm just breaking in a friends senility :whistling:

Very nice tool. So the plug was plugging up the works. Odd that it only would do it sometimes.

I think it was moving around and dislodging when I shut it down. Sometimes it would block the outlet, sometimes it wouldn't I am lucky it didn't block it 100%, I am not sure the shut down sensors are fast enough. since had to tear it down to find it, I took the opportunity to install the second pump.

Hey red. What sort of profession do you work in?? But that is not a bad tool there. for 350 its a grand investment for one that does lots of engine diagnostics.

Also found this Brochure :D

What ever happened to just using a drug dog...

I Troll loled

http://www1.snapon.c...ionBrochure.pdf

:lol: That's awesome. Why tear it apart when you can use a stupidly expensive camera? :P

I hadn't seen that Law enforcement was using them.

Well thats the reason i I posted that " for those who do a lot of system builds' was because of its expense. This thing paid for itself a long time ago.

@ BP, yeah if you keep it in the case its not a good investment