Path of Exile

WhenKittensATK

Well I started up on my original character earlier today. Got to level 4 or 5 with him (Marauder), but then my modem decided it needed to cycle off so I got booted from the server. :lol: I'll load it back up after dinner.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beat Act 1 on level 15 ranger. Ice shot + fork ranger vs frost resist act 1 boss wasn't fun. Got the boss stuck on the corner and spammed poison shot spammed it to death.

Still loving the itemization. Although I don't understand the trading prices.

Beat Act 1 on level 15 ranger. Ice shot + fork ranger vs frost resist act 1 boss wasn't fun. Got the boss stuck on the corner and spammed poison shot spammed it to death.

Still loving the itemization. Although I don't understand the trading prices.

Definitely important not to put all your eggs in one basket as far as elemental dmg/spells go.

As for the economy, it certainly takes some getting used to.

• 4 months later...

Patch 0.11.0 is now live for Path of Exile, along with a ton of new features. You should head to the PoE page detailing the things added in 0.11.0, but here's a brief look at what's included:

Four-month Onslaught and Anarchy Leagues
New Base Items and Uniques
Challenges
Substantial Rebalance
One-off Full Passive Reset
New Currency Item: Eternal Orb
Item Allocation Options
Optional Mini Life Bars
Deployment Timeline

As for the patch notes, well the same goes for them. :lol: However, it's worth pointing this out:

• Due to substantial balance changes, every existing character has been granted an optional full passive reset. To use this, click the "Reset all Passives" button on the passive skill screen. Note that you must use this before allocating or refunding any other points otherwise the option will go away.
  • The new leagues don't start until the weekend of June 8. We're deploying the patch a few days beforehand so that problems can be sorted out before the leagues start.

Im pretty excited about the passive reset. My Witch is level 72 and a Lightning(Arc)/Summoner. Arc was awesome at first, but as the levels got up its damage just kept falling and falling... The Shock debuff is awesome and my solo play is incredibly easy, but groups like for maps and stuff i feel powerless. Other than the fact that my friends love all the auras i use and the awesome protection of a wall of skeletons to absorb damage.

If the buff lightning ill respec into what i did before, but if lightning still sucks i think ill try a fire/summoner this time.

Also excited about the respec.  Think I might try out a melee build, seeing as I have all the gear for it.  With more damage on some nodes/items, you can now perhaps invest in more life/armour/etc.  Still dont think it will be viable end game, but will be fun to try :)

I was so excited when this came out and its still a good game, I just haven't put any time into it in 3 months or more and even then it was only sporadic play.

Once warmer weather came around I had more time to be what some people call off-computer and then any free time I did have went to other games that piqued my interest more immediately.

I hear ya on that one Andrew.

I honestly haven't been playing video games much for the last few months. I generally get a few hours a week to play games and i do. But It'll be something quick like LoL, or PoE. You can get on and do a map in Path in a half hour or less. I actually got Bioshock infinite and the new Tomb Raider for free and I got around to installing them, but haven't actually even launched the games, lol.

Living about 500ft from a 18 hole disc golf course doesn't help i can tell you that.

• 4 months later...

So Path of Exile is out of open beta and available for anyone to grab from the PoE site or Steam. Lot of changes in the 1.0.0 patch notes, plus there's the new Scion class to play as.

FYI, for those new to the game wondering where the Scion class is, you "rescue her" in the game and then you're able to use her. For those that have beaten the game at least once on Normal before the patch, she should be unlocked right away.

I stopped playing Neverwinter (Sorry Clay and everyone else) recently after putting quite a few hours into it and the same happened with Path of Exile.

PoE is a really really good game, I just dont have the time or skill to make a good character and have fun with it.