LED control question

Hello all. I'm a long time reader first time poster. After a year of kicking around the idea of building my own rig, I have decided to do it. I have hit a small snag, and was wondering if anyone here could help. I have a CM Stormtrooper case, which comes with a fan controller, and an LED  on/off switch for the 2 case fans in the front. I was planning on adding additional lighting as well, but am not sure how to tackle this problem. I would like to run all the LEDs in my case off one switch, whether it be the built in LED switch or something like a 5.25 controller. Any input would help, especially easier solutions. If it comes down to it, I guess I could just run LED fans with 2 pin connectors, and split them with a Y cable so I could atleast run multiple LED fans with the case LED on/off switch. 

On a side note, the case also comes with a fan controller on it. If there was some way to combine the fan and LED control into a single 5.25 controller that would also be an acceptable solution for me. Thanks for taking some time to help me with my first build.

http://www.amazon.com/Wireless-Remote-Single-Controller-Control/dp/B007B5V54M

Ive used these before for fan controlers.   very easy to use, run your 12v to one side and all your led's to the other and you will have a dimmer, on/off switch from a key fob.    the only problem i had with these were i had two of them and they both would take the signal from one remote.   every once in a while if you went to turn them off one wouldnt get the signal then you had to play around to get ether both off or on.

I have the same case, and wanted to do the same thing by splitting the 2-pin connectors.  I contacted CM asking how many times they could be split.  Their answer: they should not be split.  Take it FWIW. 

I do not know what your budget is, but you could add something like the Nzxt Hue.  It comes with LED strips you stick on the inside of the case, and the front panel controller allows you to adjust the amount of red, green, or blue the LEDs emit.

For more money, you can check out Corsair's Link Lighting Node with a Link Commander.  It will allow you to have much more control over your lights (via software), but it's certainly pricier.

Hope this helps!

No, you cannot add extra lights to the Hue.  Corsair's offering would let you do that, but it might be tricky.

What I would do is grab the Hue, disable all the other LEDs in your system, and use the HUE as your sole light source.  You can still use the on/off switch on the Storm Trooper to control a few of the fans as well.

Other than DIY projects, I've not heard of anything that can do what you are intending to do :-/