Gigabyte P45 HD Audio screeching sound

I finally got around to hooking up the HD Audio cable on my Gigabyte P45 motherboard (check sig for full rig specs). Whenever I plug in my earbuds to the front headphone port, the sound works, except there's a horrible screeching sound that plays really softly in the background, no matter what I'm doing. Its really soft, but it gives me a headache even after just 5 minutes of use. I tried restarting and reseating the plug but it still does it.

I finally got around to hooking up the HD Audio cable on my Gigabyte P45 motherboard (check sig for full rig specs). Whenever I plug in my earbuds to the front headphone port, the sound works, except there's a horrible screeching sound that plays really softly in the background, no matter what I'm doing. Its really soft, but it gives me a headache even after just 5 minutes of use. I tried restarting and reseating the plug but it still does it.

Are you plugged into the back or through some headers off your motherboard to the front of the case?

Are you plugged into the back or through some headers off your motherboard to the front of the case?

Front of the case. The back works fine. I can't use the back though, my cable is too short.

Front of the case. The back works fine. I can't use the back though, my cable is too short.

I'm assuming you setup the mobo and you plugged the cable in to the audio jumpers that says "HD audio" and not "AC97 Audio" and also that you have "HD Audio" set in your BIOS as the audio jumper type?

I plugged in the HD audio into the mobo, I did some research about that, but I'm not sure about the BIOS. I'll reboot and post back on that. I'm pretty sure it is though, I think it's default on this board.

Note: I noticed that only my left earbud makes the sound, the right one is perfectly fine.

in your sound cards application go to mixer and make sure microphone is off. try and turn them all off except for speakers.

I'm using onboard sound, and all the things are already disabled except for the earbuds. No mic is plugged in either.